AuthorTopic: COLOR PALETTES (updated 10-20-2009)  (Read 13187 times)

Offline Ai

• finti
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/profile.asp?id=1996
    • finticemo
    • View Profile

Re: COLOR PALETTES (updated 10-20-2009)

Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 04:06:09 am
Yeah, I have one I was developing but it's imcomplete and I haven't really bothered to go back and work on it... I agree though. I for now want to master using one palette, which is the Namco vs Capcom one, which I make all my pixel work with so far... I just want to make sure I can make all combinations possible for best colors used in my pieces, based on those colors... months later as I keep getting better at PA I will start a brand new one... I have a couple more palettes that I'm going to be ripping, some of them that are from awesome games like suikoden II, King of Fighters, and other ones I feel people might be needing at this moment.

The palette looks interesting, the one you made, I read the wikipedia stuff.

Oh? What wikipedia stuff? Did you perhaps mean the OHRRPGCE Wiki? :)
If you insist on being pessimistic about your own abilities, consider also being pessimistic about the accuracy of that pessimistic judgement.

Offline CharlesGabriel

• Veritas Omnia Vincit
    • View Profile
    • CG Artsenal

Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 05:24:51 am

Oh? What wikipedia stuff? Did you perhaps mean the OHRRPGCE Wiki? :)

Yeah, that one... that's the palette you made right? lol

Offline Ai

• finti
    • finticemo
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: October 30, 2009, 07:25:58 am
The worst thing is, I can't even *tell* whether you missed the point again (which was that wikipedia had absolutely nothing to do with it). It's like talking to my 92-year-old grandmother  ???
If you insist on being pessimistic about your own abilities, consider also being pessimistic about the accuracy of that pessimistic judgement.

Offline CharlesGabriel

• Veritas Omnia Vincit
    • View Profile
    • CG Artsenal

Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 11:51:03 am
The worst thing is, I can't even *tell* whether you missed the point again (which was that wikipedia had absolutely nothing to do with it). It's like talking to my 92-year-old grandmother  ???

??? No it's not, chill out. :mean: Not trying to be an ass, but from your insinuation I feel you're trying to say I'm stupid, and I am never fond of remarks like that. Misunderstanding happens when people don't elaborate well what they type in most cases. I have all the 16x16 files already that I made on my own for each palette in my site (I said that in the main post), I just don't share them in the zip along with the .pal & .act ones, that would defeat the purpose of having my own color palette page in my site if I post the same files everywhere else.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 11:53:35 am by Antifarea »

Offline Ai

• finti
    • finticemo
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: October 30, 2009, 11:55:05 pm
My grandmother isn't stupid, she just sometimes forgets the words that she needs in order to convey meaning, or substitutes a word that is similar but wrong (as in what you did here.. calling a wiki 'wikipedia' when it has no relation to wikipedia other than.. being a wiki). My point is not of great importance (but I still can't tell whether you understood it)

I didn't notice that you'd mentioned 16x16 palette images in the first post, though, so thanks for clarifying that.

Offline CharlesGabriel

• Veritas Omnia Vincit
    • View Profile
    • CG Artsenal

Reply #15 on: October 31, 2009, 04:53:54 am
My grandmother isn't stupid, she just sometimes forgets the words that she needs in order to convey meaning, or substitutes a word that is similar but wrong (as in what you did here.. calling a wiki 'wikipedia' when it has no relation to wikipedia other than.. being a wiki). My point is not of great importance (but I still can't tell whether you understood it)

I didn't notice that you'd mentioned 16x16 palette images in the first post, though, so thanks for clarifying that.

It's no big deal. And No problem.  :y:

Offline CharlesGabriel

• Veritas Omnia Vincit
    • View Profile
    • CG Artsenal

Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 03:11:21 pm
Bump. Reuploaded the palettes to shareapic, since my site has been down for a while, those of you still interested in downloading the palettes.
Click on the name of the palette to be redirected / download. I might make more palettes, just have to get the time to do so.

By the way, how come no one stick this post? sticky please.

Offline jackal27

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: October 22, 2010, 04:18:36 pm
FANTASTIC!! This is exactly what I was looking for.