AuthorTopic: Hot dog  (Read 12350 times)

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Re: Hot dog

Reply #10 on: August 09, 2005, 05:15:13 am
Heh, how did you think of animating a hotdog? Personally, for the animation, I think the body should be a bit less stiff. If you think about it, when you are moving, you don't just bob your head, you move your entire body. Almost every muscle is in use when you walk. Although this is probably a bit different for a hotdog, I'm sure you could apply the same principles.  As for the actually hotdog itself, I think the meat part of it just looks like shading on the bun. I don't know how you could make them seem more defined, but I think if you use a bit of the far leg tone on the meat of the dog, it should to the trick. Great work.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Aleiav

• I like my coffee black just like my metal.
    • View Profile
    • Gothiclola (dot) Net

Reply #11 on: August 09, 2005, 05:24:45 am
I think the animation looks fine but the hotdog doesn't really look like a hotdog.

.. kinda looks like a walking twinkie.. no offence. XD That's kind of funny.

Maybe try adding a more protruding hot dog out of the bun (which could be SO wrong if taken in a different context.. XD)?

Offline Evan

• Marv-O
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: August 09, 2005, 11:55:51 pm

Okay, I fixed the animation.

Ptoing: Now it's 4 completely unique frames, and I changed the head bob thing so that it's up when it's supposed to be, and vice versa.

Rydin: I thought of it in a dream. I also thought of chocolate flavored cheese curds that same night.

Aleiav: I know it doesn't REALLY look like a hotdog, but my goal in this was to test some animation, rather than to make a hi-res hotdog. It was more of a low-color-animation-practice. But in the future, I will protrude the hot dog more.

Thanks for the help. Any more suggestions?

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: August 10, 2005, 12:22:15 am
Take another look at Ptoing's edit. His crits are still valid in this newer version.

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: August 10, 2005, 12:47:28 pm
When I read the title of this thread, I had fantasies of a really smooth hotdog walk, but this one's fairly simple. Everyone who's said more frames is correct. Once you tackle issues with the feet, I suggest having some offset movement would be nice: the hotdog should wiggled inside bun up and down as it bobs.. well, that's how I imagined it :)