AuthorTopic: 4 random characters, C+C  (Read 2512 times)

Offline Eleton

• View Profile

4 random characters, C+C

on: July 29, 2009, 07:42:57 pm
Hi!

I'm trying to learn a bit about pixel art, and have made these four dudes for a action RPG, or something like that. Before I start animating too much I would like to know if there's something I need to think about? I would like to stick to the pretty simple style. My ambition at the moment is to make walking, running, attacking and maybe pushing-animations for all of them.

Notes: The first one is holding a cap that hits straight forward, the second one is supposed to fight with a crescent shaped hit box by swinging his sweater arms, the third one is some kind of hit man holding a gun and the red things on the legs of the fourth one is supposed to be... Ehmm... Rings of laser... He's a break dancer.

Here's a test animation I managed to make, of the hit mans attack animation.

So, any comments please? =)

Offline JosephSeraph

• View Profile

Re: 4 random characters, C+C

Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 07:51:38 pm
I think it would be a nice idea to use less saturated colours (search for premade palettes, if you wish.)
also, more difference within the shades, and an outside lin e, would look nice. I guess.. =S

Offline Salvage

• lets pee in the corner, lets pee in the spotlight
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 10:19:54 pm
For game sprites, its always good to work with a comprehensive palette.
So try some colored backgrounds and see how it affects things.

Offline Eleton

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 11:57:53 pm
Hmm, okey guys. I'm not a native english speaker, and I haven't learned all the useful terms yet so I'm not totally sure what you just meant. Could you be just a little more specific? I guess I'll try to understand meanwhile.

Use less saturated = I use to bright colours, and should instead try to make them a little grayer?
Outside line = clearer outlines? I have used darker colours as outline most of the time, but maybe some of them are to bright then?
Comprehensive palette = Use the same colour more instead of changing colours that are close?

Oh, and thanks for answering =)