AuthorTopic: Anatomy issue, could use some crits.  (Read 7416 times)

Offline Krizmo

• Yes, that is me.
    • View Profile

Re: Anatomy issue, could use some crits.

Reply #10 on: February 22, 2006, 07:25:58 am
Well, apart from the anatomical critiques already given, I like this alot. Can't wait to see those wings, and furthermore, the finsihed picture. ^_^
Look for your friends, but do not trust a hope. It is forsaken these lands....

Offline Darien

• ...nine...ten...draw!
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: February 23, 2006, 05:08:13 am
His upper arms, particularly his left, are very odd.  There's so many blocks of muscles, when it's much simpler than that.  The pecs are shaded to a different light source, and besides that most of it seems pillowshaded.  His whole neck area is unclear.  The tail goes off at an awkward angle.

I can't say I like the was this is getting shaded.  I think this has a lot of potential, but the shading just makes him look shiny and metallic.   I'd rather see some form of texture, and a more defined light source.   

Offline Krizmo

• Yes, that is me.
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: February 23, 2006, 10:14:33 am
Yes, there are some anatomical issues (such as the tail at an awkward angle, and soem of the msuckle structure), but I, personally, like the metallic/shiny looking shading. It makes this picture seem more.... hard, or strong.; which I think is what Exithium is intending.

More updates. Now!
Look for your friends, but do not trust a hope. It is forsaken these lands....

yosh64

Reply #13 on: February 23, 2006, 11:53:03 am
hey

EDITED...
Yea the light source(s) are very confusing to me, hard to make sense of, and I can now see why it's marked as being pillow shaded. BUT even so I still think it has nice volume, just needs a more consistent and defined light source. NOW I think another big issue is the position of the chest, I mean the center of his chest should be lined up with the center part of the abs, at the moment I thinks its way off! I think your best bet to fix this is to reposition everything below his chest, just nudge it right ways?

Hmm, now I think the anatomy of his lower arms looks most odd to me, and also around where his sholders join his chest, but hey it's a dragon after all.

Anyhows I look forward to seeing what becomes of this.

cyas
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 12:08:04 pm by yosh64 »

Offline Lick

• Formerly known as JointJunkie! ;)
    • View Profile
    • yup

Reply #14 on: February 23, 2006, 11:56:31 am
It seems to me that he would fall backwards if the image had animation ^_^

Anyway, I'd move some parts around and rotate some joints so the stance will seem more stable.
my ds homebrew blog! - contact me if you're interested to work with me on a ds game.

Offline Exithium

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: February 23, 2006, 05:00:15 pm
Cheers for all the comments and crits everyone.
But unfortunately im redoing this piece from scratch
because of its size. It's supposed to be for a rpg game but its too big. Anyway im giving him some more dragon and less humanoid features.
I'm working on it as im posting this, so expect some major updates soon.