AuthorTopic: Trying to improve  (Read 10801 times)

Offline xhunterko

• View Profile

Re: Trying to improve

Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 10:35:13 pm
Your character is holding a lightsaber or some saber blade weapon. I will try and find appropriate references. ;)

Reverse the lighting here.

http://th01.deviantart.com/fs39/300W/i/2008/364/e/2/Old_Republic_Jedi_Knight_by_NegroSaki.jpg

The opposite of your pose
http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/images/features/friday/10_6_06/jedi3.jpg

As for further crit however. The feet should be the opposite of what they are facing now. The sword should be brought up a little higher. Check the shading on your little ball detail in the balcony's upper left hand corner. Shade the cape that way. Don't forget to add little specks of light from the sword and the moon. Espescially on his(?) armor pads. Though I must say I think you have the character's shadow correct. If your going simplistic or cartoony look, you should give the moon one color like your clouds. Or you could also give it extra detail, like craters and the like. I'm not going to comment on the hair, (it's being lit by the blue light in the back right?) except that the skin under the hair on the face should be darkened. You seemed to have a little trouble understanding what hsn said. I hope that's what he meant.

Edit: you posted before I did. I didn't see those other sprites.

Offline Archerywtf

• Reapers realm
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 08:49:38 am
Well thanks for advise ill keep practice for now till ill improve even a little  :P

Thx and if u want you can show me of some of yours pixeling for examples that can help
 thanks again  ;D

Offline Archerywtf

• Reapers realm
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 09:53:15 am
Here i hope this is some improvement

is this good enough to continue?  ???

Offline Quake

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 02:56:38 pm

You saved as .jpg

Save as .png since, when you upload .bmp to photobucket, it automatically alters into to .jpg

Offline Archerywtf

• Reapers realm
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: July 17, 2009, 05:59:53 pm
kk

then is it better?  ???

Offline xhunterko

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: July 18, 2009, 05:42:15 am
I am not the best person to learn from. I will put a link to my junk in my sig shortly since you asked to see it. I am not the best person to consult on anatomy and human figure and such, but I can critique, so here goes.

There is a striking similarity in all your pieces so far that I see. Look at the hip bag of this character. The hair of the werewolf(?) girl. The sword guys neck tie. (Does the white cape with the blue tie go around his waist? I thought those normally went on the neck. He is also facing the wrong way for that pose. Check some FE sprites or FF ones.) And your other sprites have one thing in common. You seem to finish one part, but get distracted or excited about trying another piece. (Laziness may also be a factor.) However, lets get on with this peice. Since it may apply to the others as well. I want you to have very dark thoughts. The main problem with this is that it lacks shadows in the areas where they are needed most. Your light source suggests (coming from behind the character) that it is coming soley from the sword. But that doesn't make sense. Check the shading onthe hair and left leg for example. If the sword was the primary light source, then the hair would reflect that as well. It needs to be darker more to the top left and some in the center. The lighting on the bag should also be switched around. You also need to fix the pose a bit. And perhaps center the chest to the hips. (Perhaps a bit more of the left arm mebe?) But all in all, there's too much light in all your pieces. You should add a darker shade in the areas that need it. I shouldn't have to say where. You lighting should let you know.

And another thing. Don't be afraid to continue because of what someone says or if you get no response. If you show interest in taking crit and at least try to change something around or for the better in your pixels, people will attempt to help you. And besides, you can always use the practice. Sorry if I sound a bit cryptic.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 05:45:55 am by xhunterko »

Offline Archerywtf

• Reapers realm
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: July 18, 2009, 07:17:11 am
wow thanks that helps thanks to you i found a tutorials that might help here is one of many i found thanks
ill put the tutorial i found
http://forums.feplanet.net/index.php?showtopic=2037
Thanks with out you're suggestion i would have probably never found this  ;D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 07:30:22 am by Archerywtf »

Offline Archerywtf

• Reapers realm
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: July 29, 2009, 12:21:27 pm
i cant see what i did wrong somehow something is wrong  ???

Offline JosephSeraph

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: July 29, 2009, 02:03:36 pm
Firstly, i think you use too many shades. Wrongly. Try to use only three or four shades per colour, at least =/

Offline Archerywtf

• Reapers realm
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: July 29, 2009, 06:19:16 pm
okay, u mean 4-3 colors in every thing i pixel?   :-\