AuthorTopic: Desktop Background_Forest Escape!  (Read 3203 times)

Offline Hishnak

• View Profile
    • Aphotic Pixel

Desktop Background_Forest Escape!

on: July 16, 2009, 06:46:25 pm
I'm creating this desktop background to be displayed at %400. So far, I've never done anything like this and I usually use heavy outlines in all my work. I'm not sure how I feel about it thus far. What do you think about the treatment of the foliage? The outline on the purple creature?

Offline Derek_Reaves

• View Profile

Re: Desktop Background_Forest Escape!

Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 08:50:20 pm
Outline of creature DEFINITELY needs to be touched up a lot. It is very very jagged. Try looking up AA guides since your piece won't be animated.

Offline Hishnak

• View Profile
    • Aphotic Pixel

Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 11:38:16 pm
I can't say that I had gotten to the point of AA, but I was definitely planning on it.

Here's a little update, I've added in some text. The placement is still tentative. I'm still working on the creature because his leg is still a little funky.

[Updated]

Photoshop is seriously desaturating my .png files. Does anyone know how to fix this?

-->
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 07:01:39 pm by Hishnak »

Offline philipptr

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 07:59:29 am
Photoshop is seriously desaturating my .png files. Does anyone know how to fix this?
The only thing photoshop might do is save them with the colourprofile you're working with which the rest of the applications you view your images in doesnt support.
Use "Convert to Profile" select sRGB as profile and don't uncheck dither. That should solve your problems

Offline snowsoft

• View Profile
    • Snowsoft blog

Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 01:31:23 pm
I am digging the style on this, but those legs are still bugging me. Either his left is too skinny, or the right is too big. I realize you are probably trying to do some foreshortening with the leg coming towards us, but as of right now it still seems a bit off.

I think it is that while his left leg appears to connect underneath where his body curves, his right leg connects higher up.

Quick (sloppy) edit to show what I mean.

It also seemed more natural to me to have the loincloth curve with his body and the way he is walking, so I've draped it a little lower on one side.
“Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.”
http://snowsoft.wordpress.com/