AuthorTopic: Roman Character  (Read 2766 times)

Offline Luke

• View Profile

Roman Character

on: July 13, 2009, 07:25:13 am

Okay so I made this character for a roman themed game...  This is what the armor should look like: http://i34.servimg.com/u/f34/10/07/55/06/5m_00210.jpg

I've worked on this off and on for the past few hours, and it's now 3 in the morning.  So it's not finished, I'm just to tired to do anymore for now.  I thought Id post what I have done so far and hopefully get some feedback by tomorrow.  It would also be awesome if someone wants to do a quick edit for me, I alway seem to learn the most from that.

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Re: Roman Character

Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 10:37:57 am
Are you gonna do the helmet as well? Tons of armor and a huge shield won't do him much good if he gets one tiny blow in the head. I have some trouble reading whether this is a top view (as suggested by the shield) or a front view (as suggested by the rest of the character).

Offline Luke

• View Profile

Re: Roman Character

Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 05:04:48 pm
yes I'm planning to do a helmet as well.  One step at a time.
The view is actually supposed to be a 45 degree angle looking down from the sky, so you get bits of the top view and bits of the front view.  This is suggested by the shield, the spear and strongly by the head, as you can see the top of his hair.  I also tried to give this perspective to the body and the armor, but as I said It needs more work.

Lets see those edits !!!