AuthorTopic: Begin in demoscene... FINISH UPDATE  (Read 36535 times)

Offline Crazy Asian Gamer

• Guess who follows trends?
    • View Profile
    • CAG's NONEXISTANT Page... of DOOM

Re: Begin in demoscene... Update 5 : The iluminated "T"

Reply #80 on: March 17, 2006, 05:58:36 pm
T is nice, but may draw too much attention to it (I'll assume that it's "Matriax" that is to be the focus).
If you do decide to keep it, remove the tree, and move the cloud and lightning over the T so at least the T would have reason in being lighted up the way it is. (Would also help a bit in the uncluttering.
It'd be cool if the "T" half-illuminated the letters beside it, and those letters half-illuminated these adjacent letters, and etc.
The moon is tres sexy, as always. Love those colors. Keep goin.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #81 on: March 17, 2006, 08:10:05 pm
even with all the elements in there, the only one i have a major problem with is the lightning, you took it too far there.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #82 on: March 17, 2006, 09:04:48 pm
What I think you should do, Matriax, is just finish this without upadating your thread every time you touch the art. Maybe some people like the constant progress updates, but I don't think you're benefitting from asking us every little bit 'is this good? should I keep it?' This isn't much about pixel art critique anymore, you've got your skills and apply them well, so depend on your artistic vision and finish this on your own. Style critique can be a dangerous thing, listen to too many people and you end up with watered-down pieces of nothing with no idiosyncratic value mostly.

Offline Matriax

• View Profile
    • MATRIAX PIXEL GRAPHICS

Reply #83 on: March 17, 2006, 10:27:33 pm
Oks, thanks for the comments helm i agree you  :) and sorry for my constant "little updates",etc...

I think tomorrow or sunday i finish the the logo. Well, i no update more with "litle updates" when i think the logo is "finished" i put here for critiques  ;)

I make much questions by this is my best pixel-art(i think), and i view my progress and i no want ruin the scene, and i agree with the comments that the image its coming a little saturated.(i finally remove the bubles XD... ) But well also its depends of the style of the pixel-artist.

When i finish the logo i will create an animation with all the progress and a little video-tutorial recording me making the logo, i think for any people can be interesting.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 10:37:41 pm by Matriax »

Offline DrDerekDoctors

• View Profile

Reply #84 on: March 18, 2006, 12:43:15 am
Hmm, tbh I think that the illuminated T is a little much. I like the lighting in the water, but it's getting so busy that soon suggestions such as "there should be a robot in one corner firing a laser out of it's crotch into the eyes of a child in the other corner" won't be out of place at all.
--

DrDerekDoctors

Offline Crazy Asian Gamer

• Guess who follows trends?
    • View Profile
    • CAG's NONEXISTANT Page... of DOOM

Reply #85 on: March 18, 2006, 01:58:52 am
it's getting so busy that soon suggestions such as "there should be a robot in one corner firing a laser out of it's crotch into the eyes of a child in the other corner" won't be out of place at all.
Of course, if that's part of Matriax's artistic vision, I'll wholly accept that...

...mainly because that'd be TOTALLY SWEET.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #86 on: March 18, 2006, 04:45:38 am
I agree that the additions have jumped the shark.

Although Dr's suggestion just might make a wonderful piece on its own...

Offline Matriax

• View Profile
    • MATRIAX PIXEL GRAPHICS

Reply #87 on: March 23, 2006, 06:59:04 pm
Well this is the finish update.

The piece need a little changes, but when i finish totally the image i will uploaded to my web :)

And thanks all the people about the comments, suggestions etc...

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Re: Begin in demoscene... FINISH UPDATE

Reply #88 on: March 23, 2006, 08:33:22 pm
I like it. There's a balance to keep when deciding whether to keep the viewer's focus on one thing, or put so many things in it becomes busy. Too busy, and you can't stand to look at it. But I like this. It's interesting enough to be quickly glanced at and enjoyed as a whole, but interesting enough to handle both one and two closer looks at all the details.

Offline Filax_666

• View Profile

Re: Begin in demoscene... FINISH UPDATE

Reply #89 on: March 23, 2006, 09:52:41 pm
Yeah...it's lovely. ;D