AuthorTopic: Begin in demoscene... FINISH UPDATE  (Read 36507 times)

Offline Radioactivity

• rawr
    • View Profile
I prefer the lightining hitting the tree.
This is looking pretty good right now.

My only concern is that you have basically given each letter it's own lightsource, which sort of dimineshes(sp) the effect, next logo you do, use one lightsource maybe?

Offline Darion

• View Profile
    • Portfolio bitch
You are beginning to make this look incredibly tacky. Slow down! The line under the logo, the fireflies, the moon, the little 2006 icons, the "11 colors" icon, the marble above the "I", the enter logo? Don't you think thats more than enough to squeeze in?

You really do not need to mention your colors used, its just ... not neccesary; just say so in your post? You also do not need the "2006". Just throw them in the corner somewhere, they shouldn't get so much attention.

If you are going to add the storm, then I suggest you remove everything else. Adding things does not always make something better, man.

@darionmccoy

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website
darion is absolutely right. what i would do if i was you is remove EVERYTHING apart from the logo, add the clouds around it and make the lightnings hit the LOGO and not some tree in the bg that has nothing to do with the logo all.

just my 2 cents.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Matriax

• View Profile
    • MATRIAX PIXEL GRAPHICS
Not, the storm is only the thunder you view, and the word "11 colours" is removed from the image, you can view here...

If you think now the image is saturated... wait for view the "iluminaTion of T" XDDDD

I wait finish the "ilumination T" tomorrow to show... and a flower in the part right, and... well tomorrow will be another day  ::)

I think, have to much ideas when pixeling, and want all i make put in the image and this is my error, but well this is not the final image, i making things, put, remove etc... and when i belive i finish the "global image" will show here for crits and decide remove anything.

thanks for the comments  ;)

Offline mikembley

• Pow!
    • View Profile
You are beginning to make this look incredibly tacky. Slow down! The line under the logo, the fireflies, the moon, the little 2006 icons, the "11 colors" icon, the marble above the "I", the enter logo? Don't you think thats more than enough to squeeze in?

You really do not need to mention your colors used, its just ... not neccesary; just say so in your post? You also do not need the "2006". Just throw them in the corner somewhere, they shouldn't get so much attention.

If you are going to add the storm, then I suggest you remove everything else. Adding things does not always make something better, man.

You missed the tacky reflection's too..
Matriax you should think of some more creative idea's, Don't make everything crowded it's hard to look at.. Make it simple, sharp and appealing

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday
I completely agree with Darion. This is coming along very nicely, but don't ruin it with unnecessary flair. It's like adding streamers and confetti to a beautiful mansion to try making it look better.
I say you keep it simple.
The Lightning can go, and the tree doesn't really look like much of a tree. I wouldn't have known what it was until you said it.
There's something that's been bugging me since the beginning; The symmetrical fairy flying over the right side of the logo. It just looks out of place. I think it would look cool if you had a hawt fairy chick laying on top of the T.
Also, make sure the image is balanced. Don't have too much going on on one side of the picture to the extent that the other side is forgotten.

As I said before, this is coming along nicely, just be careful what you add and where it goes.

Offline BlackEye

• View Profile
    • blackeye.org
you have improved so much
awesome!

there are so many nice elements

and... but you inspired me
-blackeye-

Offline Matriax

• View Profile
    • MATRIAX PIXEL GRAPHICS
Well new update.

Yes, yes, is posible, I erase de bubbles... (i don't understand why all the people hate de bubbles XDD )

I change th fairy of the left and put into de point of "I". and adder more reflect of gras and... the iluminated "T" (not finished yet).

And well the right part now is a little empty... ..  .

c+c plz

Offline Lick

• Formerly known as JointJunkie! ;)
    • View Profile
    • yup

Re: Begin in demoscene... Update 5 : The iluminated "T"

Reply #78 on: March 17, 2006, 02:58:18 pm
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!! The T ROCCCKSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *

*sorry for the style of this text.
my ds homebrew blog! - contact me if you're interested to work with me on a ds game.

Offline Lyuf

• View Profile

Re: Begin in demoscene... Update 5 : The iluminated "T"

Reply #79 on: March 17, 2006, 04:06:17 pm
one word: cooool!