AuthorTopic: Marowak Comic  (Read 5975 times)

Offline skeddles

• I love these emoticons.
    • View Profile
    • Skeddles.com

Marowak Comic

on: July 11, 2009, 08:58:39 pm
if you go on PJ, you may have seen this  :D (<==my fav emote ever)

So I'm working on a webcomic, that is going to be 100% pixeled, and rather than funny it will be sad. Trust me it's a great idea.
It's also about pokemon.

I'm doing it because there are certain areas of pixel art I need to practice, and I hope this will help.

I gotta kinda explain it:

-On the bottom left, is the first panel
-Above that the the workings of the second panel
-there is a certian palette I'm trying to get, but I dunno how to explain it, colors are something I need to improve on, but on the bottom right is an example of what it might look like if the scene took place during the day. its not prefect though(kinda like pokemon colors, but brighter)
-She's a marowak ( a pokemon)
-she's pregnant (don't tell me pokemon lay eggs) frame two she is about to have the baby, if you can't tell
-It's sunset

So yeah, I'm kinda stuck on panel two, the first one could be done, but I'm still willing to change it in any way.

thanks  :D

« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 09:11:09 pm by skeddles »

Offline circuscommando

• View Profile

Re: Marowak Comic

Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 11:20:18 pm
according to the GBC games, most pokemon do lay eggs.  :lol:
he hobbles and hobbles.

Offline skeddles

• View Profile
    • Skeddles.com

Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 12:41:33 am
according to the GBC games, most pokemon do lay eggs.  :lol:
they also say cubone wears the skull of it's mother, but the mothers don't die in the games, so they are not a reliable resource

Offline SWOT

• #1 Commander of Ickus
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 02:39:02 am
Well the games started the whole pokemon series. So i believe that the games would be more reliable

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 02:43:07 am
OK so this is probably the worst crit i've ever given, but the bone she's carrying looks like a stone dick statue.

I'm going to go lose some respect for myself.  BBL.  It needed to be said though.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 03:07:14 am
While said a bit harshly I gotta agree with him, try and see if you can fix that man.

Offline skeddles

• View Profile
    • Skeddles.com

Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 04:38:17 am

Hopefully it looks more like a bone and less like a boner.
 :(

Any more crits? Preferably more useful?

Offline Pawige

• View Profile
    • The Noisy Sanctum

Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 05:04:42 am
Well, I was going to post a crit, but then I couldn't really figure out what exactly you want me to look at for you. The palette? The think facing us? The one facing right? I got the impression from your first post that you're looking for crits on the three up at the top, but I'm not sure.

Offline skeddles

• View Profile
    • Skeddles.com

Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 05:15:11 am
The one on the bottom left is done, as far as I can tell, but I'm willing to improve it if it needs it.

The top three are the for the next panel, but I'm unsure about the shape and pose of it, or how it even looks in general.
It's not dithered/smoothedout yet, but I don't wanna work too hard on it if it looks bad.

You can crit anything on either sprite that seems out of place, or that could be better.

Offline Pawige

• View Profile
    • The Noisy Sanctum

Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 05:45:53 am
Well, for the top one, the skull looks totally different than it does in the sideview. The lumps on the sides are gone, the forehead-nose area looks narrower, and I don't even know what's going on with the eyeholes. I think the nostrils are too visible as well. The arm looks a little weird, maybe make the paw just a bit bigger? Same goes for the shoulder, perhaps widen where it attaches by just a bit. The closer leg looks weird when it's in the back position, I think it's too dark, especially when compared to the leg in the other two, where it's much lighter. I think that's all I've got for now.  :y: