AuthorTopic: Faris .. Sword Combo  (Read 16559 times)

Offline hsn2555

• Hakuna Matata
    • View Profile
    • HsnGoneWild Gallery

Re: Faris ..

Reply #20 on: July 15, 2009, 12:39:28 am
Be Like no other

Offline Silver

• View Profile

Re: Faris .. ( mockup's objects )

Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 09:28:26 pm
روعة ماشاءالله
good stuff!
I like the background the most, the character design is also good, I like the new update.
Good luck and keep it up!

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #22 on: July 22, 2009, 02:59:48 am
I'd just like to say that everything is moving along well, but I regret that the obvious wisdom of Pawige's edit is sadly being ignored. He did wonders for your main char sprite, increasing the contrast - boosting visual interest quite a bit. He made it so much more readable, man! In comparing it to your current version, your version's inadequacies are exposed. I have a feeling you may be letting pride blind you a little, which happens to the best of us. Also, I'd like to state that when an experienced pixeller offers an edit like that, it can be daunting to implement because you're taking on the burden of then having to apply the edit's creator's skill to everything else, which may be impossible for you. I for one can't match pawige's level, so I can understand any hesitation. So then, you take what you can from it and hopefully learn and grow.

Offline hsn2555

• Hakuna Matata
    • View Profile
    • HsnGoneWild Gallery

Reply #23 on: July 22, 2009, 04:40:00 am
Silver
يعطيك العافيه اخوي ..
thanks alot man, glad you liked it :)

Mathias

hello mathias,
Nah man, you know that i'd not let such a thing blind me, i didn't even reach that level to do such a thing.
especially with pawige , i really appreciate his dropping-by and posting crits, because i know that those crits willl help me improving my work.
just to clear it out, i actually made some changes depending on his edit. but didn't post anything here.
the horse :
its hair, tail ,and shading (keep in mind that it's an arabian horse, so i didn't go with the shape he drew).
Faris :
the actual body's position ,the hood's shadows, adding that pixel for eyes to give him more character ,and some other parts .
he also convinced me to drop (get rid of) that neon effect ,which was more pleased.

you may notice the knight, with some other characters :

well, i've been working on the sprite for some time lately, but i really didn't feel like posting the updates ,especially here -__-
because i was posting some updates lately, but it was like i was posting for a wall , a dead wall x_x. not even a single feedback ? so i stopped keeping this thread up to date.
sorry, i really care about getting C&C, but it'd take me ages of waiting for someone to reply.i'm not ready to do that.

anyways,
here are some updates if anyone's interested (by any chance ).
enlarged the canvas, and a palmtree

animations sketches
idle ....................... run ................ attack

3x
Be Like no other

Offline politopo

• View Profile

Reply #24 on: July 22, 2009, 05:37:06 am
IMHO You could move the belt a little in the idle pose.

Offline Tuna Unleashed

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: July 22, 2009, 11:27:04 am
that latest colour change you did with the greys is pretty nasty. I don't think that's what pawidge meant when he said to get more gray in there. also, with the standing position, the way his arms are hanging down looks rather unenthusiastic and combined with the angle of the shield would imply that he's thrusting his wrist out at a pretty awkward angle.
Mathias- ouch. but just so its perfectly clear that was a deadly combination of pride and laziness. im actually considering redoing it when I get around to it.

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #26 on: July 22, 2009, 01:38:17 pm
Haha, tuna! That wasn't a shot at you at all, believe me. It was actually only meant for hsn2555's reference and possible enlightenment, but I see how you took it that way with my shifty hyperlinking - if I wanted to make that implication I would've linked to one of your posts. That phrase "destroy your art" has stuck with me since I read it. And it's good to know that you possess deadly combinations of pride and laziness now, that gives even more license to slap you around critiqueishly! I'm kidding.   . . . or am i  ,  garrrrharrrr

hsn - ok good to hear, sorry if I jumped the gun.

idle: He appears to be repeatedly shrugging his shoulders, not breathing like you're obviously targeting. Tiny sprites + subtle movement = skillful subpixelling (I hope your palette can accomodate it)
run: pretty nice, it looks a little jaggy though. I like the perspective trick on the buckler. Could the hood use some help? It's movement seems incomplete.
attack:  that must be his big attack, all that wind-up could be irritating to deal everytime you want to attack something. Does he have other quicker attacks?

Offline Lazycow

• Do androids dream of electric sheep?
    • flurrycow
    • flurrycow
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/15168.htm
    • View Profile
    • homepage

Reply #27 on: July 22, 2009, 03:26:08 pm
Wow, I really like this attack animation! Very smooth!
But the running animation: I think he should move his arms in the same frequemce as his legs. (now it looks unnatural when he moves his arms so slow)
A man touched down on the moon, a wall came down in Berlin, a world was connected by our own science and imagination. Yes we can!

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #28 on: July 22, 2009, 04:10:12 pm
I don't know about that lazycow. I like a little quirk in animations.

Offline hsn2555

• Hakuna Matata
    • View Profile
    • HsnGoneWild Gallery

Reply #29 on: July 22, 2009, 08:40:24 pm
thanks guys for the feedback

politopo
i'm remaking it

tuna
i've picked the actual grey for you

mathias
i like subpixelling, and of course he has other quicker attacks .let's just get the idle animation done

lazy
the shield's angles are changing due to its rotating

gil
i like tricks too x3

Be Like no other