AuthorTopic: [WIP] Robot Assasin Platformer  (Read 9507 times)

Offline x-death

• View Profile

Re: robot assasin platformer

Reply #20 on: July 11, 2009, 07:43:44 am
if i had the skills to do it myself i would have done it, and would have never needed to be here. i came here bcause alot of what i need assistance with is my character and i can't do it. i've tried, but i just can't do it.

so if i have this topic in the wrong place it should be moved otherwise can someone lend a hand?

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: July 11, 2009, 08:03:07 am
How exactly, do you expect us to help, you've given us nothing to work with. I made the character as an example for you, if that can't help I think you need to sit down with a pencil and paper and draw the character how it would appear in game, scan it, then draw over. If you can't do that then you really need to work on your drawing before doing this.

Your last image isn't showing up, try uploading to a different site, I think imageshack was hacked. I know in most forums double posting is looked down on, but if you've got an update its best to bump the thread or else it wont attract much attention.

This forum is about improving your pixel work, it should go unsaid that you need to at least have something to improve on.

Offline x-death

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: July 11, 2009, 08:18:27 am
there i reuploaded that image and updated the post it was on. it was working yesterday because i looked at it. must have been hacked today. look i know i'm not much of an artist when it comes to characters but i've tried and failed miserably as you can already see and that is why i'm here. if no one is willing to help then i wish for it to be turned into a community project or what ever that other guy said.

i just need someone that can help actually make it.

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Robot Assasin Platformer

Reply #23 on: July 11, 2009, 09:54:59 am

Offline x-death

• View Profile

Reply #24 on: July 11, 2009, 10:03:40 am
i did read the rules beofre posting. and people have done this for others here before i don't understand why this is such a  problem now. even before the character was asked for people were refusing to even show me what they mean't with things whether it was on peice or not. just complete refusal.

i came here because i was told you guys were good at helping, that was clearly a lie.

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Reply #25 on: July 11, 2009, 10:25:55 am
You draw
You think it's imperfect (ranging from nearly perfect to total disaster, it doesn't matter)
You post
We feedback
We edit to display feedback
You process feedback
You improve the piece of art
You improve your abilities
Reiterate the process until it's perfect

So now post a drawing of your character in your next reply and we'll get to the helping. Although it doesn't work very well if you start insulting the entire forum.

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #26 on: July 11, 2009, 11:20:59 am
Quote where someone has CLEARLY REFUSED to explain something to you and show it to me, please, because I can't see it.

If this is the patience you show and if you continue having this attitude where we're either supposed to 'help you' from absolute scratch or we're unhelpful, no wonder noone wants to help you.

People do things here out of their own free will. If they drew someone else's character for them then that's because they were in a mood to do that. Doesn't mean they're assholes when they don't do it for you. Peace out.

Seriously. Here's a strike. Prove to us that you can do some effort on your own behalf without having to insult the whole forum and it'll soon be gone. Be counting on you. (Sorry for not being helpful at all myself, I'll come back with a good feedback post later if I come up with anything. Helping someone from absolute scratch is hard, please consider that, ok?)

' _ '

Offline Kcilc

• View Profile

Reply #27 on: July 11, 2009, 07:04:08 pm
We're not here to improve your art. We're here to improve you as an artist. We tell you what's wrong with your art, and how to fix it. It's up to you and you alone to improve your art with the material we supply.

You seem to be upset about how people have been focusing on how you've ignored every single shred of advice you've been given so far, and not the sprite you posted right after brushing off everything everyone has said. I can say this with confidence, because people have told you what you should do with your background trees; namely, add another low contrast shade to the trees to give them a small bit more extra depth, and add more variations to the trees to break up the monotony. You said you didn't understand what 32 was saying about this, and he asked you about what you didn't understand, but you didn't even try to tell him what you didn't understand. To add another low contrast shade to your trees, you go into whatever drawing program you use, select the color of your tree, make another color slightly lighter than your tree color, and draw a few leaves on your tree. To make variations of your trees, make a new image, draw a brand new tree with the same color as your other trees, then copy and paste it into your tile. repeat this process until you think it looks varied enough.

32 also went the extra mile and gave you an example of how to turn your concept art into pixel art. You said it didn't help, and left it at that. With that attitude, I'm a little wary of giving you any critique on your sprite for fear of it just getting junked. I'm with him on going with a silhouette first then shading it. If you don't understand what that means, you make a new image, take a really dark color and block out what your sprite would look like with that single color. Once you get your sprite looking like what you want with one color, you start adding more and more until it's finished. As for what you have now, it looks like a gray acorn with a black spot on its side. Is your line art finished? I don't see any legs or arms, so is it supposed to hover? If you don't give us information, we can't give you critique.