AuthorTopic: Steam-powered Bridge.  (Read 3558 times)

Offline Arghus

• Murr, the digger.
    • View Profile

Steam-powered Bridge.

on: July 01, 2009, 01:23:32 pm
This is a steam-powered brigde I made for a game me and a friend of mine are currently working on.
The game will be displayed on 200%.
Comments are highly appreciated.
(I'm MarioArt on Newgrounds, btw.)

Offline Beoran

• View Profile

Re: Steam-powered Bridge.

Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 07:42:59 am
Well I love the design and he idea. But I think the shading and dithering are very messy and inconsistent, almost as if you went at it randomly. Some of the shading is very heavy with fat pixels, which I makes it look more low resolution than it is. Also there seems to be some problem with the heater in front, it doesn't have a chimney that goes through the building's roof, so where will the smoke go? Anyway, my recommendation is that you remove most of the  dithering, and make the shading consistent. Don't try to make it too "realistic", in stead, try to stylize your image more. And keep up the good work! ^_^
Kind Regards, Beoran.

Offline Ddawg

• Trying to listen to those who know more than me
    • View Profile
    • Dawg Pound

Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 07:30:34 pm
Something doesn't seem right about the ropes...They need to be tighter.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 03:53:25 pm by CommanderD »
I don\'t want to be a bad boy like I was in the *gulp* past...Please be patient with me.

Offline Scribblette

• View Profile
    • Livejournal

Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 10:33:35 pm
I thought the ropes looked a little too slack as well. The ground floor furnace is at a different perspective to the one coming out the roof - the shading looks too flat. Perhaps more of a curved base could stick out at the bottom.
Now reading: Animator's Survival Kit, Drawing On The Right Side Of The Brain, Fun With A Pencil. No time to pixel!
Pixelated Anatomy|Foliage