AuthorTopic: It's a Pagoda!  (Read 2483 times)

Offline Hyun

• 'Tis what we dreamers dream of.
    • View Profile
    • Eo

It's a Pagoda!

on: February 19, 2006, 10:22:25 pm

This is supposed to be for my new site. However, I feel the colours are too muddy at the moment - and possibly look a little bland. What do you think? I also thing the 'tubing' or whatever it is on the pagoda roofs may not look right where it is supposed to curve off at the end. It should be a stackable design, i.e. I've just done one floor and stacked it on top of each other. Also, maybe some shades are unnecessary and increased contrast perhaps? C&C is appreciated, as well as some tips on colour choice! (Boy I suck at that!)

I also forgot to mention, I've just flipped one side over to make a complete pagoda. Tsk, I'm too lazy sometimes!  ;D

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Re: It's a Pagoda!

Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 01:02:22 am
 Whoa! That's really good. One thing is the pagoda looks flat. You might wanna make the contrast higher.

Offline Crazy Asian Gamer

• Guess who follows trends?
    • View Profile
    • CAG's NONEXISTANT Page... of DOOM

Re: It's a Pagoda!

Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 03:16:52 am
Agreed with Andy Tran.
Also, the roof bothers the heck out of me. Right now, the shingles seem to be some sort of flood fill design that you just slapped on for texture and said "Ah, hell,"
Ok, it's not that bad, but at least adjust the angles of the shingles to conform a bit with its contour and your imaginary focus point.. Would also help with depth of the image.
You could improve it by, first off, varying the pagoda a bit from left side and right side, definitely around the door area, which seems too symmetrical.
The red handrail, at the very edges of the pagoda, could use some handrail going into the back of the pagoda. At least that way, people living on your pagoda won't fall to their untimely deaths trying to sneak around the edge of the pagoda (assuming they're not on the first floor, and they're not ninjas).
Add a bit of age here and there. Most pagodas these days have a dirty wall here and there, a cracked rail some random place, and are generally not recently constructed.