AuthorTopic: [WIP] RTS Medieval Sprites?  (Read 9110 times)

Offline PASSOUT

• The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation
    • View Profile

[WIP] RTS Medieval Sprites?

on: July 01, 2009, 11:51:25 pm
Yeah I know these are lame excuses of art, but I've been working for a while and can't seem to figure out anything.None of the sprites match eachother at all.Left to right, Castle, Grass(well more like a green shape),Human figure, Amorphis Rocks?, Tree. I would like some more help pl0x, I mean, this things got more clash then a seventies beedroom. Thanks.

Edit:

Working all day today. I decided to redo the castle, so that it can fit entierly on on "slice" of land. This ,I think, works better. Still doesn't look real, a little dissapointed.I'll have more up tomorrow, planing on reworking all the old sprites.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 03:56:39 am by PASSOUT »
"Well, if you're still reading this, then stop. Go practice! Do a drawing. Just make shit, you know, something that is exclusively a product of you. "

Offline vinegarstroke

• I'm gorgeous
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] RTS Medieval Sprites?

Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 03:58:51 am
I like the rocks, I just think they need a little more definition in terms of shadows and highlights. The castle would look a lot more in place if you used similar colours to the rocks and also blended it into the grass somehow. Speaking of which, if you tart the grass tile up a little bit, all the details in the different objects should start to gel together a little bit more.

As for the trees, have a look at some references on't web. They seem a little too bare right now.

The biggest problem is really the colour scheme; again, check out some references of other RTS games :)

Offline PASSOUT

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 01:40:00 am
Two days have gone and I'm slowly progressing. Completing a grass tile set is on my list of things to do. The tree needs lot more work and the castle is not turring out good. I think the rocks are okay but I need more grass texture. I got 3 hours so I would like some more feed back to work with. Thanks!

Edit:
Old: http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc342/PASSOUT2008/1-24.gif

Edit2:

Well, It's comming along...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 09:23:12 pm by PASSOUT »
"Well, if you're still reading this, then stop. Go practice! Do a drawing. Just make shit, you know, something that is exclusively a product of you. "

Offline Zenobia

• View Profile
    • Zententia.net

Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 07:55:37 am
The rocks are starting to look better! I must say I like your style.
As for the castle: I actually really prefered the old palette (but I think that's just me), as well as the old pattern of stones you had on the wall (though that does need work). Anyway, you need to keep in mind that castle walls aren't made out of paper. They're far too thin at the moment.

Offline PASSOUT

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 05:37:53 am
New update, I thought I'd be greedy and bump.

Starting to work with some kind of HUD.

Offline PASSOUT

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 06:38:44 pm
This here is an update. This is some sort of traing ground for archers.

Really would like feed back on this.

Offline circuscommando

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 12:21:57 am
the perspective of the archery targets seems a bit strange, the targets are assumed to be facing parallel to the tent, but the targets on them are facing the viewer.  something also seems amiss with the face as well; the lower half being a bit large, perhaps that's just me.

i like the tree's and rocks, you should try and put more variation in them however.
he hobbles and hobbles.