AuthorTopic: old pic,a girl.  (Read 3986 times)

Offline ringsummer

• View Profile

old pic,a girl.

on: June 23, 2009, 06:46:36 am

« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 07:18:10 am by ringsummer »

Offline Emtch

• View Profile

Re: old pic,a girl.

Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 11:15:32 am
Very nice.
Crits: Her skin and bra lack contrast, the shading looks rushed and doesn't really fit the shapes/volumes. And there are jags, especially on the spear, apply some AA.
I wish I could zoom in, but my browser messes up the pixels.

Just going in a thread and writing "haha nice~" or "where?" should be bannable. Both these people made themselves look like asses with their very first post. Way to go.

Offline Argyle

• Futuristic beep boop.
    • argylebox
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/13899.htm
    • valsaurus
    • View Profile
    • ArgyleBox | Designs by Valouria Saurus (VERY OUTDATED)

Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 11:22:33 am
I'm confused about the exchange going on with brief posts that don't really state anything all between people with 1 post that registered within an hour of each other, haha.

Was this from reference / colored from somebody else's lines?  The piece itself is nice but I do have a couple comments about it.

For one, were you working on a limited/fixed palette for this?  Some parts such as the glowing/fuming/smoking part of the tip of the spearhead are rendered very sleek and smooth, but her belly is over-dithered feeling to me as there is almost no other dithering to be found in the piece.  It just feels like a cop-out to me since the rest of the girl is shaded rather nicely and I think you could have pulled together her ab area much cleaner by employing maybe just one more color from the document's palette instead of all the dithering so as to keep the appearance consistent.

And the rear leg anatomy looks warped to me as well.  Somebody that has studied this more may be able to attest to whether it is correct or not though.

I tried to bring your image into an editor and it's telling me it's an invalid file type.  Doing a save as function, it's default file name is p.aspx and that seemed weird enough to me and changing it's file extension did not change any editability on my end...  and going even further, trying to view the image from its hosted location just brings up a website that hangs on the load screen.  Basically I don't know if there is anything fishy going on here or not, but this is all starting to look even sketchier from my end.

Offline robotacon

• robotacon
    • View Profile
    • It Got Dark

Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 11:27:18 am
I'd drop the dithering on her tummy and her knee since she doesn't need the extra texture there.
I also think the lightsources are a bit confusing.

Overall it's looking really cool.

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 10:37:40 pm
What kind of character is this? Is she cavegirl or a sorceress type? The spear glows (with non-pixel art brush tool strokes), as if magical, yet she doesn't resemble a magic weilder, more of a rough fighter, leggings don't even match which suggests her outfit is more utilitarian and cobbled together.

I like the posture a lot. Those legs have got to be wrong, though - near leg's shins/lower leg is way longer than the far one. Must be here good kickin' leg.

Could you pick a better standard pixel art line angle to reduce the spear's handle jaggies?

That weapon doesn't look like one that should glow, it doesn't fit. It's just a crude spear. Make it more of a fine embellished war implement if it must radiate energy.

Offline ringsummer

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 03:06:57 am
Thank you for such earnest replies,thank you very much. This character's weaponry and so on has not passed through careful deliberation, more like a jungle gunmen magic job, ha ha ~ the gun's green light's echoes with the green skin. So there are no red or other colors.
This picture has not carried on the strict color control,more like illustrations. The AA time has been insufficient, it is made in the work break, heh heh. . . ;D