AuthorTopic: 1st fighter sprite  (Read 3119 times)

Offline Nix

• when life throws you pixels.. make pixelade
    • View Profile

1st fighter sprite

on: February 14, 2006, 01:53:42 pm
i was gonna try and enter the KOS 06 lol but its for older members only.. lol

ah well.. i have never been able to do sprites.. as i lack the talent to make body parts.. but i thought this was ok :)

im thinking about animating it to :)

Nixel Art

Offline Slayer of Kings

• View Profile

Re: 1st fighter sprite

Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 02:16:27 am
Personally i like it i think it looks kinda like something from a comic book. Pretty sweet man keep up the good work.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 02:36:30 am
i was gonna try and enter the KOS 06 lol but its for older members only.. lol
Untrue. Give the portraiture a go.

As for your sprite, it looks a bit messy, as the contrast between your darkest shade and outline are far too similar. Also, his knees are too low, and you might want to make (our) left leg darked below the knee, eliminating the highlight.

Anywhoo, this is really cool. Like Slayer said, it resembles a comicbookish guy.

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 08:40:49 am
 What's with the black outline? Get rid of them and use sel out. That will make the sprite appear much more pro.

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 10:16:43 am
I pretty much believe that the problem with this, is just a not-so-good color selection and shading method.
Selout, right now wont help much.

I'd recommed you to start making the picture cleaner, that meaning getting rid of those black inner lines (or softening them tone wise), picking better shading blocks and use of more vibrant colors (at least more noticeable within your palette, though that could just vary depending on the likes of each), and of course making the line itself cleaner (as it is blocky and full of noise right now if you ask me)
Also make lightning more obvious, and take care of it also in the hair (reflections and all).
Oh and the arms are really short.
And if you want to go further, you could give it a more interesting facial expresion, and details all around.

Maybe you'll want to study different fighter sprites and study from them.
Good luck with further pixelling