AuthorTopic: Hexquisite Corpse Collab - DONE!  (Read 193841 times)

Offline miscdude

• View Profile

Re: Hexquisite Corpse Collab

Reply #210 on: June 18, 2009, 01:21:49 am
blarg, I have to attend to a different project  :'(
78 is free

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #211 on: June 18, 2009, 01:23:57 am
78 I snatch. c:

Offline Doppleganger

• Fall!
    • View Profile

Reply #212 on: June 18, 2009, 04:53:43 am
79 Please

If it is free. It looks like infinity had it but ran out of time. Hopefully I didn't miss out on this, it'd be sad.

Offline Argyle

• Futuristic beep boop.
    • argylebox
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/13899.htm
    • valsaurus
    • View Profile
    • ArgyleBox | Designs by Valouria Saurus (VERY OUTDATED)

Reply #213 on: June 18, 2009, 05:14:51 am
Gotta wait for 78 before 79 can be jumped on now that it's become free and claimed AGAIN.  These tiles are cursed, somebody for the love of god, please finish what you claim!  haha
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 12:11:21 pm by Argyle »

Offline tomic

• red is my green, but yellow is yellow.
    • @tomicpixel
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixels/new_icons.asp?owner=6236&ob=search&dosearch=1
    • pixeltom
    • View Profile
    • piexeln.de

Reply #214 on: June 18, 2009, 01:20:41 pm
It should be done soon.  And it blends MUCH better now.

blends better. dunno about "MUCH better" though, but meh, i don't wanna be the guy bitching around

anyway guys,
just asking cause i'm generally interested in ppls modus opperandi (also concerning older projects like the isocollab):
do you (A) think about possible executions of a tile prior to claiming it or do you (B) just claim it and try to improvise with the option of giving it back or start some trade?

i'm type A
looking forward to the secret santa hexqusite corps 2017

Offline infinity+1

• the real deal
    • View Profile

Reply #215 on: June 18, 2009, 01:21:28 pm
yeah, i submitted my tile a day too late.
i'm a jerk.
i'm really excited to see this finished though.

when it's all said and done, maybe i can throw mine up here for all to see.

Offline Don risotto

• View Profile

Reply #216 on: June 18, 2009, 01:29:52 pm

blends better. dunno about "MUCH better" though, but meh, i don't wanna be the guy bitching around

anyway guys,
just asking cause i'm generally interested in ppls modus opperandi (also concerning older projects like the isocollab):
do you (A) think about possible executions of a tile prior to claiming it or do you (B) just claim it and try to improvise with the option of giving it back or start some trade?

i'm type A.

well, why wouldn't you be? I know for me, the hardest part of anything is the beginning ;), and with something like this, it's already done. sweet.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 02:40:10 pm by Don risotto »

Offline Argyle

• Futuristic beep boop.
    • argylebox
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/13899.htm
    • valsaurus
    • View Profile
    • ArgyleBox | Designs by Valouria Saurus (VERY OUTDATED)

Reply #217 on: June 18, 2009, 02:50:37 pm

For 2 of my tiles it was A.  But for my other two it was mostly B, except without the option of giving it back or trading for the purpose of challenging myself further.

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #218 on: June 18, 2009, 03:50:05 pm

"wtf masna, 5 out of your tile's 6 sides have clashes.

guys, don't screw up the whole thing in the final moments, please. it was too much fun."
+

anyway guys,

i'm type A

I hate to be negative too, but there's no excuse for such poor blending. This is just a community collaboration, and meant to be fun, but that doesn't mean you can just slap down some quick crap just to be a part of it, c'mon. I tried to treat this very seriously. Still though, I'm glad so many different people particpated. Including Masna. He'll only improve.

As for your survey, which I'm really curious about too, I'm a mix, yet I never considered admitting failure and reliquishing the tile, I forced myself to stick with it -

--(A)  #31's concept idea jumped out at me instantly and I knew I had to do it, I couldn't and didn't want to do anything else. And that was before ilkke's #1 got revealed. I think it'll make good sense once revealed, like a wierd continuation of ilkke's character above.

--(B)  #90 was a battle to figure out. #'s 85, 83 and 82 where there already; dark on one side, light on the other. I wanted to hurt JJ Naas for that gradient! haha, in the end it worked out, but I think I cheaped out with how I married the light and dark areas. Very curious to see Tocky's interpretation although it already looks he completely violated my main subject matter haha, but hey that's what it's all about, man. Violating others' art, right? ehrrrr

--(B all the way) #81, uhggg, no joke I spent hours just trying to figure this one out. By that I mean figure out what to do with it, not figure out what was actually in the neighboring tiles, you really can't. And in the end what I submitted is cliché garbage, as well as rushed and unfinished due to deadline  -BUT-  I feel that my pixel tech imrpoved quite a bit so I'm still happy.

Then I'm also curious if anyone cheated and PM'ed they're tiles to buddies so they could design with continuity, not an acqusation, just a wonder, hehe. I didn't do it, it would decrease the spontaneity, the essence of 'exsquisite corpse' activities.

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #219 on: June 18, 2009, 04:25:59 pm
(B) for mine (mainly cus i wanted to be next to Reo), although as i was looking for others to pick (none of which i actually had the guts to pick in the end) it would have been (A).
Being the last tile 79 has a very pleasing placement, don'tchya think?  :)