AuthorTopic: GraphicsGale  (Read 6425 times)

LODYblokady

GraphicsGale

on: May 29, 2009, 10:30:03 am
I'm thinking of buying the full version this product simply because of the layout and how simple it is.
Before I do buy it, I would like to know if there are any other preferred pixel editing software's I should try.
So this is really a, what bitmap editing softwares have you tried and which do you use(?) thread.
Thanks  :)

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Re: GraphicsGale

Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 04:00:53 pm
I use Photoshop. Others use Pro Motion.

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 05:04:27 pm
I can really recommend ProMotion. It's fantastic. You might have some trouble getting used to it at first, but it will be more than worth it later.

LODYblokady

Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 05:07:45 pm
I'll try it out now!
Thanks guys  ;D

Offline Monzae

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 09:43:45 am
Just a suggestion, if you wanna use GraphicsGale freeware animation feature, you can simply use the save as Strip feature, convert it to gif with irfinview. then load it into Gamemaker (www.yoyogames.com although, I'm pretty sure most people already have this) using the load from strip feature, and it'll convert that into an animated gif. It's what I'm using atm, a bit difficult, but well worth it for the upgrade it's given me. (warning though, this wont allow transparent background without further editting)

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

(No subject)

Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 01:56:59 pm
That's a lot of hassle when GraphicsGale is so cheap to buy.

And not everyone has GameMaker lying around (I don't)

Offline eckered

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 02:32:47 pm
get the full edition of graphicsgale. 
to me, its the simplest tool around, has all the features i use, and is bug free as far as i can tell.  not to mention its dirt cheep

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 04:44:57 pm
Yes, seriously. I've been using Graphics Gale for three and a half years and I haven't had the need for any other pixel art software. I've seen videos of people using ProMotion, and I admit that it's a very nice program with extremely convenient features such as automatic mirroring, but Graphics Gale is a simple package for a low price that gets the job done better than anything else I've ever used. If Thoreau was a pixel artist he would use Graphics Gale. >____>;

By the way, a new beta for GG came out four days ago. It adds some new layer options and a history menu. Overall a very good update, I think. I haven't come across any bugs yet and any older features that gave me trouble are working fine.

Offline xhunterko

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 10:15:01 pm
Actually, I find graphics gale quite reliable even in it's free state. However, I would simply suggest getting the GIMP 2.6 for animation. While it's undocked windows may be unfamiliar to some, I've gotten used to it. All you do in gimp, is load your stills into different layers, then save it as a gimp animation. Simple. Gimp also does have some dirty tools though. So it might not be that good for pixel art.

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 04:06:29 pm
Buy the full version of Graphics Gale.  And xhunterko, dude, the animation part of Graphics Gale works fine, no need to outsource to other programs.