AuthorTopic: I am looking for Joshua Astorian. (AKA Joshua Robinson)  (Read 62263 times)

Offline jrjellybean

• View Profile
Hey does anyone know Joshua Astorian?

I paid him 200 US dollars advance to do some work and he stopped responding to my e-mails.  I received the following information about him getting arrested:

http://suburbanjournals.stltoday.com/articles/2009/04/22/madison/crime/0422cvj-cvblotter.txt

Is this him?

This is really frustrating because now I want my 200 dollars back and I can't even get a hold of him.

Can anyone confim that that is him?  Does anyone actually know him?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 01:56:02 am by Atnas »

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Re: I am looking for Joshua Astorian.

Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 12:11:28 am
Pretty sure it's him. The address matches up with the one in his CV on his homepage.
I only know him via the internet but have not chatted with him in quite a while now.

This is a multi-page thread - make sure to check all pages!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 11:24:20 pm by Cyangmou »
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline majimojo

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 12:43:08 am
Yah I paid him $150 to start some work a month and a half ago and it's been the same here.. just nuttin happening.  I hope he's doing okay.  But yeah.. would be nice to hear back from him or get a refund.

Also.. don't read too much into him getting arrested.  It's probably cause his landlord or something was being aggressive with the law.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 12:47:57 am by majimojo »

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 06:07:41 pm
Knowing Joshua a little, I'd say you have nothing to worry about. Worst case scenario you'll get a refund when he can get back online.

Offline Joshua

• jrobgraphics
    • View Profile
    • jrobportfolio

Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 09:13:32 pm
I'm sorry to you guys, it'll be a couple of weeks or so before I'll be able to refund your money. I was just kicked out of the place I was staying so I've been sleeping outside, and trying to find food where I can. I didn't anticipate this problem arising before I agreed to complete the work. I'm really sorry, I'll definitely give you guys both refunds as soon as I possibly can.

Also, thanks for being so patient. Oh, and in regard to me being arrested- I was trying to sleep on my mom's porch one night and she called the police on me. I'm not a criminal, I just keep getting delt a crappy hand. I'm working on it though.

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 04:44:53 am
Gives new meaning to 'starving artist' for me. Dang Joshua, hope things improve soon. Your mom sounds like a jerk.

Offline Argyle

• Futuristic beep boop.
    • argylebox
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/13899.htm
    • valsaurus
    • View Profile
    • ArgyleBox | Designs by Valouria Saurus (VERY OUTDATED)

Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 11:48:27 pm
I hope your situation gets better, as I can empathize with your situation.  I once got arrested trying to jimmy the lock on the office door of where I worked (Where I was one of only 3 employees and mostly had free reign of coming or going) because I accidentally locked myself out with my paycheck inside at night.  The owner of the company was going through financial troubles and was over a week late paying me, so I was pretty hungry having not eaten since the day before while waiting for my check.  A person from the office connected to the building to us was leaving late and called the cops on me so I had to get frisked and thrown against a car while they called my boss and while the rest of the neighborhood got to rubberneck at me agains the car.  Pretty humiliating but the officer ended up giving me 20$ to eat for the night and drove me home.  A couple weeks later things turned better so let's hope it goes that way for you too  :blind:

Offline Johnathon

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 12:38:34 am
Edit: Disregard this post. I've been able to get in contact with him again  ;D
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 05:18:38 pm by Johnathon »

Offline grayaii

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 02:54:09 pm
I'm also on the same boat.  I gave him 150 to redo some graphics, and I haven't heard a peek from him since then and it's been almost a month now.
I hope it's just because I don't have his recent contact information, but I've tried joshuaastorian@hotmail.com and joshuaastorian@yahoo.com (along with sending a private message through this forum) and I haven't gotten a response.
Does anyone know a way to get in contact with him?

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 04:14:56 pm
As far as I know at least one of those mails should work. And he was just on MSN for like 5 minutes.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.