AuthorTopic: I am looking for Joshua Astorian. (AKA Joshua Robinson)  (Read 62266 times)

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Re: I am looking for Joshua Astorian. (AKA Joshua Robinson)

Reply #80 on: December 06, 2015, 05:42:44 am
At this point I think it's more than called for to create an official warning in the jobs section. This is bad for everyone. Josh too. Maybe without stealing money from his clients he can get clean easier.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #81 on: December 07, 2015, 04:33:31 pm
Absolutely, what's sad is that he has so much capacity to deliver, but he continues to make it worse to the point where it seems impossible for him to fix it anymore. maybe what's needed is to hold him accountable to see if he will stop running.

Offline Ninjus

• View Profile

Reply #82 on: December 31, 2015, 10:36:48 pm
I did not see this thread prior and paid Joshua money upfront to do some pixel art. He has also disappeared on me  :yell:.
He used the name "Astro" when he contacted me and will attempt to convince you on Skype to use Western Union's delivery method "cash at agent location" to send to his so-called fiancee.
I have filed a complaint with Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3), hopefully they will be able to do something to put a stop to him.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 09:49:13 pm by Ninjus »

Offline daftofyou

• View Profile

Reply #83 on: January 08, 2016, 03:37:52 am
He just tried pulling the same stunt with me :/ Wanted to be paid via Western Union to his fiance.  He seemed pretty legit up until he started rushing me for the money and such..

Offline janedoe

• View Profile

Reply #84 on: February 02, 2016, 06:50:42 pm
Someone needs to set this guy up with the authorities to implicate him and his fiance for fraud. I know who his fiance is and how to locate them both. Both of them have criminal records. The pair can be indicted for conspiracy because they are each involved together. The fact is that both of them are drug addicts (heroine) and each have criminal pasts. They are both trying to dodge the authorities and have illegitimate incomes. These are career criminals, so be careful. Right now they are desperate for money because they have felonies they are still trying to pay off and are close to going back to jail for not paying their fines. They are getting very desperate.

Offline astraldata

• View Profile
    • MUGEN ZERO

Reply #85 on: February 21, 2016, 05:52:03 pm
Wow, great way to give your fellow pixel artists a bad name! It's 2016 and the guy is still doing this??

What a waste.
I'm offering free pixel-art mentorship for promising pixel artists. For details, click here.

http://mugenzero.userboard.net/

Offline Joshua

• jrobgraphics
    • View Profile
    • jrobportfolio

Reply #86 on: May 23, 2017, 08:55:30 pm
Alright.

So, for those of you who aren't aware of my history, I've been battling opiate/drug addiction since I was homeless at the age of 17. That's when I started making the mistake of taking money, and not doing the work. I never set out to "rip off" anyone. I always took on the work with the best intentions- always ready to do the work. Unfortunately, the nature of my addiction kept me in a state to where I often felt I "needed" an advance payment so I could purchase the drugs so I could not be sick and actually do the work. Instead what would happen is I'd get the money, get the drugs, start the work (sometimes I wouldn't even get that far) then I'd be sick again, and couldn't sit still or focus to actually get anything done due to the withdrawal (Serious opiate withdrawal is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy). This may sound like an excuse, but it's not. I take full responsibility for what I've done. What I'm doing here is telling the truth. Powerful opiate addiction is a very serious, deadly, and nearly irreversible affliction and it makes otherwise good people, do things they would absolutely never do.

So over the years, this behavior only got worse. Unfortunately, from the time the original post was made in this thread, to when I stopped doing this, no one actually saw any of the art I did complete for which I was paid. For instance, I worked on Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (DS), Hotel Transylvania (DS), etc. for Wayforward, as well as the work I completed for indie developers from about 2009 to 2016. Again, I'm not excusing my behavior, only explaining the other side of the situation.

Also, there have been several claims in this thread (more recently) where people were saying that I "almost" ripped them off, then they saw this post, then decided not to work with me. I can't guarantee that I necessarily would have done the work for these folks because I've only been in recovery for a couple of years, but that doesn't mean that I would've ripped them off.

My addiction, being homeless, along with other environmental factors in my life contributed to this behavior. So. I've been in a place in my life for the past couple of years where I've been doing art, refraining from large advances, which has resulted in many happy clients. I'm not going to go looking for these people to testify to this because I don't think I'm really going to change any minds with this post anyhow. My point here is that I'm clean and I'm trying to live a virtuous life.

As part of my recovery, it is absolutely essential that I make amends with those who I've hurt while in active addiction. There are a lot of people. I don't intend to put the burden upon them to contact me, but if you see this, and I owe you money/work, please contact me so I can begin to make amends. To those who don't get a chance to see this, I'll do my best to contact them as soon as possible and start some kind of payment plan, possibly provide the graphics they originally wanted- whatever I can do within my current means.

Look, the bottom line here is that, yes, I took advantage of people. The addiction thing is no excuse but is damn sure a reason. Whether I intended to rip anyone off or not, really is irrelevant. It happened. I am willing to right these wrongs. I don't have much money, but I can work something out with the people who have been affected by my unprofessional work ethic.

Also, I started going by Robinson (I was born "Joshua Robinson". I was then adopted by the guy who abused me with the surname "Astorian" when I was 8. He ended up leaving and I was stuck with his name) for the most part, to evade this negative feedback I'd brought upon myself. I didn't make up a name so I could "rip off" more people. Again, it was never my intention to do that. I was born Robinson and would've changed my name back anyhow. So that's that.

I don't really expect anyone to understand how being homeless and addicted to heroin/opiates could make a good person do this, but I at least had to ATTEMPT to explain the reality of the situation.

To "janedoe": You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Almost everything you wrote in your post you made up aside from me having a criminal history. A criminal history tends to go hand-in-hand with serious drug addiction. I'm sure you were angry when you posted that but there's no need to make stuff up. I'd say all the LEGITIMATE negative attention I've brought upon myself is good enough to make it so I cannot find work anymore.

Thanks.

Again, Please PM me if I owe you or someone you know money/work.

Offline wzl

• View Profile

Reply #87 on: May 23, 2017, 09:17:45 pm
So sorry to hear that joshua, sounds like a rough life.
Glad you're getting better, and you're being honest about this.
I hope things turn out well for you and your previous clients!

Best of luck

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #88 on: May 24, 2017, 05:20:28 am
I'm new here and don't know you, but I second the above poster. It's good to see you making an effort to make good on yourself like that. Good luck to you, and keep fighting that addiction. Opiods suck.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline jams0988

• View Profile

Reply #89 on: May 30, 2017, 07:28:06 pm
Why is "rip off" in quotes when that's absolutely what you've been doing for the past ten years? Also rubs me the wrong way that you're calling people out for saying that you almost ripped them off, considering your track record. Please. I've seen threads online where you got pissed at people for calling you out for your bullshit, only to predictably dissappear when they said "fine, give me a refund or my work then please." Give us a break. Addiction or not, you're still completely responsible for your actions.

That said, i really do hope you get everything straightened out and make good on your mistakes. Good luck to you.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 09:15:41 pm by jams0988 »