AuthorTopic: Um...a dude with a big head.  (Read 3008 times)

Offline xio

• Will crit for food.
    • View Profile

Um...a dude with a big head.

on: February 10, 2006, 05:35:29 am
*Updated*

oldnew

I went for a more cartoon style with this one. Tell me your thoughts on it, please.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 09:08:27 pm by xio »

Offline nvision

• View Profile
    • Nvision Illustration

Re: Um...a dude with a big head.

Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 03:24:27 pm
Pretty interesting style, and you're off to a pretty nice start...  A few things I'd work on beofre polishing it up, though.  Firstly, the rear foot is turned 180 degrees from the front foot...certianly a possible stance, but not one that's very comfortable!  I'd have that foot facing the viewer, more at a 90 degree angle.  Second, with that much of the right side of his chest showing (our left), you should be able to see at least some of his shoulder.  The shoulder that is shouwing is also a little high, and looks more like an extension of his trapezius.

Finally, the lighting is a little off.  If your source is coming from the upper left, and the highlight on his forehead is as strong as it is, there should perhaps be a little more instensity to the shadows.  There's not much under his nose, and even without an ear, the side of his head is a little devoid of detail.  I'm totally digging your colour choices, though, and the style is very interesting.  I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with this, if you decide to work on it further!

Offline xio

• Will crit for food.
    • View Profile

Re: Um...a dude with a big head.

Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 09:13:49 pm
Thank you, nvision. I seem to have a hard time getting any intput from this board, so your comments mean a lot to me. I made an update with you suggestions in mind. Altough, as I write this, I realize that I forgot about the foot comment, so I might change that as well. Anyway, here's the update.

oldnew

Any more suggestions or comments from anyone?