AuthorTopic: Char + Running animation  (Read 2890 times)

Offline havocplague

• View Profile
    • my old portfolio

Char + Running animation

on: May 22, 2009, 12:27:23 am
Heya, long time no see, or rather no pixels. But hey, I'm here now, better late than never, right? I'm currently trying to get a basic understanding of animation, as a nice break from doing 3d-modelling and skeletal animation :) My current character is a pseudo-selfportrait, allthough slightly SD'd. As I'm not designing for anything specific, I went kinda overboard with the colors, probably need to reduce them somewhat. I'd love some general C&C on the character, I'm pretty sure there's a lot to be done.

The run animation started out at six frames (and that's what it's currently at) but after I was "finished" it I felt like I could probably extend the motion a bit and go up to eight. A couple of frames feel really jerky. What do you think? I haven't gotten started on the upper body/arms yet, wanted to see if I needed to do a total rehaul before I got any further.

[edit] Slight update, added two frames, and preliminary left arm movement. Will probably revamp entire animation, after tiles are done. Suggestions welcome.

I also have a little flash of him running, so you can see what I'm aiming to do with him.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 12:05:36 pm by havocplague »

Offline hsn2555

• Hakuna Matata
    • View Profile
    • HsnGoneWild Gallery

Re: Char + Running animation

Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 10:19:11 pm
i like the character's overall shape,as well as the colors.
but in the walk's animation .. why is his upper body getting longer(his chest)?
the legs are the ones that are supposed to get longer due to the bending, and i think you should reposit the legs, and draw more poses of them to make it smoother.and the closest hand gets messed-up on the last frame.
Be Like no other