AuthorTopic: Galactic Garden  (Read 24994 times)

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Galactic Garden

Reply #20 on: June 21, 2009, 06:52:49 am
Maybe its just me but the door looks too small for him to fit through, the curves of the window/console make me think its a pretty small room, so even with the foreshortening its pretty small. Or maybe it just has some depth issues at this stage, I'm seeing the console touching the window, is that right? The pink spots don't really work for me, I thought it was just an attempt at mixing your ramps at first but apparently not, maybe darken them? And lastly some banding issues on (his) right shoulder thing, where it connects to the torso.

Keep at it, looks great.

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: June 21, 2009, 07:11:17 am
He's not made to fit the ship. He's a space pirate.

Offline eckered

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: June 21, 2009, 11:30:27 am
Perhaps give our space pirate a shadow. I think it will really help unify the lighting, and tie him into his less saturated background.

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: June 23, 2009, 11:07:00 pm

still a WIP

update:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 02:14:41 am by Cure »

Offline eckered

• View Profile

Reply #24 on: June 24, 2009, 02:16:01 am
Shadow looks good!

On the more recent version, his tentacle looks like its just chillin there, and not really doing anything.  perhaps give him something to hold? (coffee? lol)
also, the tentacle coming out of the door in the background looks out of perspective.

Offline Peach

• Compile Me!
    • View Profile
    • The Peach Portfolio.

Reply #25 on: June 25, 2009, 11:14:00 am
mind that having a strong highlight you may need an adequate lightsource over the alien, like a breach on the ceiling of the ship.
"It's all fun and games, until someone loses an eye". - mom

Offline jennifuh

• View Profile
    • My deviantART portfolio

Reply #26 on: June 25, 2009, 12:21:14 pm
He stands out soo much from the background o.o in terms of contrast and etc.

but i love it, yeah that tentacle is a bit awkward with such a sharp turn but everything else looks great :] and the original sketch is very .. endearing ahah.

Offline Emtch

• View Profile

Reply #27 on: June 25, 2009, 02:31:37 pm
Will the background get some black outlines like the old one? The alien stands out too much from the backround due to his black lines IMO.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #28 on: June 25, 2009, 11:57:58 pm
I think it's really nice, and I know it's still a wip, but you need to break up the flat shapes in the background more so that it can compare to the sprite. Right now the flat vs. broken up is keeping them too separated. Using the greenery was a very nice idea, and is working well. Maybe a lot more of that?

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #29 on: June 26, 2009, 05:52:05 am
vent at top middle is facing perpindicular to us yet is on a surface curving away from us, seems odd. Try some Venus Fly Traps growing among the infestation flora, or some other 'dangerous' plant-life. It's all too friendly-looking, like average forest shrubbery.

Does the alien have control over the plant growth? If it's popping holes in stuff it must be destroying circuitry/critical operational systems, which would therefore cause the ship to crash/blow up/whatever. Not a smart way to pirate a ship, right?

Is that orange light bouncing off the back of his tentacles?

And I agree, it's the outlining giving him that cartoony illustrative look, makes him stand-out from the environment which is more realistically shaded. I do like the differences though - the alien is curvy and natural, and the environment is square and boxy/technical.