AuthorTopic: Commercial Critiques  (Read 9250 times)

Offline Darien

• ...nine...ten...draw!
    • View Profile

Re: Commercial Critiques

Reply #10 on: March 21, 2006, 09:57:15 pm
Another month has passed by.  Not that I don't understand how you may not have all the time in the world, but is it really too much trouble to pick a game and get a bunch of screenshots together (unless you have a something other than a videogame in mind) and let us have at it?  What if someone else volunteered to put something together?

Offline goat

• bl33t
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: March 21, 2006, 10:23:13 pm
I just appointed myself responsible for commercial critiques.  A lot has happened in the world of commercial pixel art since our last organized commercial critique that I may have missed, so send me your suggestions via PM, email, or if you can grab me on AIM or something even better.  I've been doing a lot of game studies myself lately and will start putting some of that into a format other people can use. Let's get it rolling again!

For the record, the rules are being revised regarding regulation of activities and commercial critiques and such so that it doesn't stifle community input. 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 10:30:56 pm by goat »
typing ewith fdace

Offline Lick

• Formerly known as JointJunkie! ;)
    • View Profile
    • yup

Reply #12 on: March 25, 2006, 11:21:03 am
I want AA challenges. I want animation challenges. I demand avatar wars!!
my ds homebrew blog! - contact me if you're interested to work with me on a ds game.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #13 on: March 27, 2006, 12:57:52 am
with all the KOS sprites around, it's a prefect time for avatar wars.

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: March 28, 2006, 04:15:18 am
what exactly were the avatar wars? I think I saw this animation on Zoggles site of his wizard guy beating up a ton of RCR styled clones. And one of his iso worm penetrating a giant's nutsack and devouring the jewels within. So are avatar wars basically killing another person's avatar in a horrfying manner?

Offline goat

• bl33t
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: March 28, 2006, 04:23:24 am
yeah, awesome isn't it
typing ewith fdace

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #16 on: March 28, 2006, 07:20:17 am
what exactly were the avatar wars? I think I saw this animation on Zoggles site of his wizard guy beating up a ton of RCR styled clones. And one of his iso worm penetrating a giant's nutsack and devouring the jewels within. So are avatar wars basically killing another person's avatar in a horrfying manner?
not necesarily in a horrifying manner, and not necesarilly killing, just beating up someone else's avatar. it was a load of fun.

I think avatar wars are best when the oponent isnt killed, because it allows for a battle that escalates in  animation complexity and gore/epic scale until one of the animators is too overwhelmed to get back at the other guy. Just like it happened in the Zogs vs Astrospoon avatar war, that was definitvely the highest point of the avatar wars  even though I tried to enhance the next avatar wars with my animations.

I once had my Nathan sprite (character from castlevania) butt into a fight by kicking one of them and pinballing out everyone else, then launching the little guy into the air and culminating in interrupting Zog's butterstick jump into his little iso pool by launching him into oblivion. nobody ever got back to me on that one.

in the other one I had someone's giant get up from his defeat and smash a little pterodactyle monster. people did explode the hell out of the giant, but he wasnt mine XD I originally wanted to make it a fight between a character of mine and the giant, but I got too caught up in the intro where the giant smashed the pterodactyl

does anyone have em? I miss both those animations.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 07:24:36 am by Camus »

Offline goat

• bl33t
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: March 28, 2006, 11:11:04 pm
http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=1025.0

It's running as of yesterday afternoon, we'll do another one at the end of April/start of May.  You asked for it kids, participate.  NOW. :p
typing ewith fdace