AuthorTopic: Title Screen  (Read 2615 times)

Offline Bhalzak

• View Profile

Title Screen

on: May 26, 2009, 05:58:52 pm
Title screen for my new project; " Mecharoid"

R/C

Offline Bhalzak

• View Profile

Re: Title Screen

Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 03:44:52 pm

Updated! (i've change the res to 450x700)

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Title Screen

Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 04:19:10 pm
Well, I don't really know what you're looking for or how far along this is so I'll CC it like it's complete, you gave no explanation whatsoever and I'm bored so here ya go - I think your current version has way too much dead space. And it's not comfortable blank space, it's void. What is up with that crazy voxel iso spaceship thing? It looks like filler because you realized the void was innapropriate. A title screen should be interesting and entertaining, it should make you want to play the game; promote it. I'm not compelled by what I'm seeing here.
You have three distinct elements in your title screen and they don't work together. I'd even venture to say that they're done in different artistic styles, which makes your composition feel pretty random, like a sprite sheet or something.
The logo is rather weak, the letterforms are kinda nasty. You might revise them to be a little stronger/solid, maybe even attempting to integrate them into eachother for some extra continuity and cohesion.

Overall though, I can't really comment on the theme at hand here. A title screen is like branding for a product. "The product" being your game, and I haven't seen the game, if it exists, so I don't know if your general direction is even correct.