AuthorTopic: Official Pixelopolis Off-Topic Thread  (Read 102154 times)

Offline Darien

• ...nine...ten...draw!
    • View Profile

Re: Official Pixelopolis Off-Topic Thread

Reply #20 on: February 19, 2006, 04:47:03 am
Well didn't they say that they can no longer change the date?  And besides, long delays just mean they're making sure they won't mess it up... right?

In any case, I was really pleased with the screenshots.  I just hope they translate it.  Though, we could always rely on ROM hacking...

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: February 19, 2006, 06:32:32 pm
So i've taken to playing cave story again, where i left off after a single playthrough >,>

It seems fun.
I'm doing it because a bunch of buddies of mine, who really enjoyed the game... we're talking people who do speed runs on the secret boss of hell >_>
are planning on using some of the rom hacking tooms (sue's workshop, a level editor) and some plain old file-hacking to try to put together some sort of prequel in their spare time.

Just thought some fans of cave-story might want to hear about an unofficial prequel currently in planning and conceptualizing stages.
and i made the mistake of telling them someone here might volunteer to help with graphics :P

i'll keep anyone who cares posted through PMs :-)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #22 on: February 19, 2006, 07:06:13 pm
If there's anything more cave-story-ish, I'd prefer it to be by the original developer. Make an original platformer by scratch is what I suggest to your friends.

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: February 19, 2006, 10:55:54 pm
It's a fan appreciation dealy.

Right now they're just discussing their own ideas that come from cannon storyline
Not sure whether i mentioned it above :P but they want it to be a prequel where you control Curly.

Though yeah, it would be cool if they got Pixel to make a new one or coded one themselves, they're fans of the game who are stuggling through the game's strange form of basic at the moment. If they can learn enough without being forced to create a new engine, that's the route they want to take.

edit; holy spelling, batman!
they contacted the man responsible for translating the game, in hopes he can shed some light on the file formats and the language used.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 01:53:54 am by Zolthorg »

Offline Krizmo

• Yes, that is me.
    • View Profile

Reply #24 on: February 22, 2006, 07:09:08 am
Does anybody know anything about "Trillian" messenger? I just got it, and thought it was pretty cool (mainly because of the skinnability xP), but I was wondering if anyone knew how to use the IRC client that it comes with. Do you need a seperate IRC program to use it? Because everything I type comes up with "YOu are not in a channel!", or seomthign of the sort...
Look for your friends, but do not trust a hope. It is forsaken these lands....

Offline Lick

• Formerly known as JointJunkie! ;)
    • View Profile
    • yup

Reply #25 on: February 22, 2006, 07:55:33 am
HuzzaaA?!! I'm back!!

After a year or more thinking that the Pixelation community was broken down, I visited Final Redemption and went to the links page and saw that ..- it moved to a new board. Hell?! I missed all the news?!  ??? No one told me?  ::)

But anyway, I'm glad I'm back. I was JointJunkie by the way, the one with the crazy joint avatar and put everyone elses avatar on fire. haha.. That was a good pixelling time.. But I'm retired as a pixel artist now. I think I can make a piece or join a compo on occasion, I just won't have enough time to do real pixelling anymore. And I lost all my previous work..  :-\

But oorah! I'm back, and that's all that matters!!  :-*
my ds homebrew blog! - contact me if you're interested to work with me on a ds game.

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #26 on: February 23, 2006, 06:00:26 am
Random Wikipedia search resulted in the discovery that Ptoing is famous:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixel_art
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline flaber

• Captain.
    • View Profile

Reply #27 on: February 23, 2006, 08:12:24 am
i tella u

the day is today.
im 16

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #28 on: February 23, 2006, 12:09:54 pm
Random Wikipedia search resulted in the discovery that Ptoing is famous:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixel_art

the yus bird also makes it to wikipedia in a sideways manner! Whoever did this is awesome!

Offline goat

• bl33t
    • View Profile

Reply #29 on: February 23, 2006, 09:27:38 pm
Helm got his username from the velcro headgear his mom makes him wear to keep from hurting himself.
typing ewith fdace