AuthorTopic: Long Time no See!  (Read 2724 times)

Offline Mabelma

• View Profile

Long Time no See!

on: May 13, 2009, 11:54:20 pm
SO guys I'm back and better than ever. SO in this month I have learned a lot and well I bought myself a tablet. Anyways I'm working on something that was for a pixeljoint challenge but since the challenge is done I won't enter it but I will finish it just for fun. Here's the wip for now.

I need to refine the rocks and Celtic spiral and the clouds and well off course add colors but I just want you guys to see it. C+C is welcome. Tell me if I have improve in some actual way. Remember this is my actual first sprite in about a month. I think it's actually good but you guys tell me. If you want me to separate everything into different pictures just ask and I'll do it. Last but not least Hi!!

Offline Mabelma

• View Profile

Re: Long Time no See!

Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 07:52:37 pm
Newest update on the sprite. Come on guys please give me some C+C I really need it.
171 views and no comments. Please help me out. I really some C+C.

Offline hsn2555

• Hakuna Matata
    • View Profile
    • HsnGoneWild Gallery

Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 08:41:04 pm
is the sword meant not to be straight ?
and i'd like to see a light source
Be Like no other

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 10:37:50 pm
Several issues here.
Unfortunately, I think you need a complete revamp.  I know it sounds mean, but let me post my reasons for saying so:

Composition.
Usually there is a triange of main points to look at.  Right now, your sword is pointing down and left, and it makes me look that direction as opposed to looking at the piece.  Composition rethink is needed, I believe.
Technique.
Don't outline and fill in colors.  It's a typical mistake that a lot of people make, myself included.  Block out shading with basic colors first, then add detail.  If you tihnk about it, there really are no outlines anywhere; just things defined by change of color.  Stole that line from Evileye.  I'll quote it here if I find it.

Maybe a demonstration will follow; it depends on my time.  I know it's hard to explain composition, so I'll try and demonstrate later.

Keep practicing,
Shrike

Offline Mabelma

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 12:47:02 am
Please do the composition edit and what's block out? Thanks for your post guys.