AuthorTopic: [WIP] Just going back to pixeling.  (Read 2591 times)

Offline Zombiechao

• View Profile

[WIP] Just going back to pixeling.

on: May 10, 2009, 08:16:17 pm
I haven't been pixeling for a while.
I was busy learning to code.
I want to try again.
These characters suck.

Please give me some criticism.
First is a sheriff guy.
Second is a Pink Skulleton.
Third is a women.
Fourth are just legs so far.
Five is some kind of wrestler with chest hair.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 08:19:01 pm by Zombiechao »

Offline Bissle

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Just going back to pixeling.

Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 09:03:00 pm
When working with small sprites, every pixel is important, so you've gotta really focus on how much detail you want to put into them, or else risk sacrificing readability.

The Pink Skulleton is a nice balance detail-wise--not too little, and not too much, and I dig the colors. Where is the other arm though?

I think the leg and the wrestler have too much detail; the leg is so defined that it ends up looking like a wooden plank. I think you should use as few shades as possible for it. The wrestler (I assuming the face is unfinished) is pretty good, but it'll be next to impossible to pixel in the chest hair without making it look like a brown blotch on his chest.

On the other hand, the woman doesn't have enough detail to me; I think her dress could use an extra color.

The sheriff--does he have a head??--would be readable, but the pastels throw me off. I think darker colors would suit it better.

They're pretty nice all around though--I hope to see how these turn out! :D

Offline Zombiechao

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Just going back to pixeling.

Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 10:58:57 pm
It's a work in progress. I'm just blocking out the women's dress right now and focusing mostly on the hair. As for the arms I generally find Its easier for me to add them in later because if I pose them right away the arms end up blocking important parts of the body.
It's the same thing for the sheriffs head.
I guess I should have posted that info earlier but like I said it's a WIP.
You said the color was done bad on the sheriff. I thought that to. How can I improve the characters color scheme more?