AuthorTopic: GraphicsGale's Background is White?  (Read 8164 times)

Offline Jeff

• View Profile

GraphicsGale's Background is White?

on: May 03, 2009, 03:04:22 pm
I don't know if this kind of question would fit here, but google isn't helping me.

Anyways, I've downloaded GraphicsGale to this computer (originally I had it on a computer in my room, but that one no longer has access to the internet). Everything works fine, except that it seems to have taken a new layout on this computer (as shown here):

It all looks fine, except that you can't see the canvas (ignore the blue bar saying copy, this computer is screwed and that comes and goes). In the upstairs computer everything surrounding the canvas is tan and all of the applications (palette, preview, layer...) can be "snapped" to the main program.

(sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this kind of question, I've read the rules and it doesn't mention anything about it)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 03:13:44 pm by Jeff »

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Re: GraphicsGale's Background is White?

Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 07:10:39 pm
I'm sure the background of the program is based upon your theme settings.

Oh, by the way, the way my monitor is calibrated I see a clear difference between the canvas and the window background.

Offline Twinspiration

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 07:48:38 pm
I think it's a monitor problem on your end.

I can see the separation of the canvas and the background on your screen-shot moderately well (Although it does blend quite a bit).

Offline Jeff

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 07:53:36 pm
k, I'm trying to mess with the monitor options atm

Can't find anything (its set to the factory settings too)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 08:06:57 pm by Jeff »

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 01:18:25 pm
I, too can see the difference in your screenshot, Your windows are specially light too. Go to your screen's setup to check that out.

The background doesnt HAVE to be white too...I think it's in file/properties (if not it's settings or preferences, something along those lines) where you can set the background color....it IS a bit messy and sometimes I cant get it to set the color I want it to set...but it's not like it's imposible to change it.

Offline Jeff

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 12:30:59 am
k, i'm going to try that now

EDIT: nothings working :(, guess its just my monitor (its set to factory settings too)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 12:36:16 am by Jeff »

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 12:07:16 pm
Not using xp so i dont have exact instructions, but right click the desktop go to properties then appearance tab(?) click advanced then on the dropdown list go to application background.

Not certain but give it a go.

Offline Argyle

• Futuristic beep boop.
    • argylebox
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/13899.htm
    • valsaurus
    • View Profile
    • ArgyleBox | Designs by Valouria Saurus (VERY OUTDATED)

Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 01:14:48 am
I didn't see the difference before either!  After finding out my monitor was messed up too, I went in search of calibration.  (Couldn't even see the difference between a darker eggshell white and a medium dark peach color from a pixel piece I worked on at the work computer that I opened from home).

It's not going to be the most comprehensive calibration software you'll find, I'm sure.  I found this on the first or second google link I tried.  But regardless it worked and I can finally see colors much more clearly!  Here's a link to it.  Monitor Calibration Wizard 1.0

Offline Ai

• finti
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/profile.asp?id=1996
    • finticemo
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 02:33:17 pm
I always recommend http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/ (which is simply a series of webpages) for calibrating your monitor to behave in an approximately correct manner. Works for me, and I also use it to compare monitor quality.
If you insist on being pessimistic about your own abilities, consider also being pessimistic about the accuracy of that pessimistic judgement.