AuthorTopic: Fighter Man.  (Read 3051 times)

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Fighter Man.

on: February 06, 2006, 04:59:58 pm
Here it is:

Just for practise, nothing special.
I know, I usedfar too many colours....but I couldn't help myself....

C&C apreciated.

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Re: Fighter Man.

Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 05:45:28 pm
Your pixelling techniques are good here: good color choice and combination, nice shading and selective outlining, and pixel usage to define the character in such a size. A little pick about the colors: I'm assuming he´s wearing some sort of pants, and i suggest you use a different tone for his legs other than the one used for the skin, they look like pants made of skin :)

Your obvious problem here is the anatomy of the character. You should study what you can on anatomy, like the proportions of the human body and muscle groups. Practice a bit drawing from life, or from good references (real pictures or drawn ones). I suggest you spend a good time doing this on paper, and then come back to pixelling, look at this piece and see if you can work out the problems it has. Good job, and good luck!

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 12:58:49 am
 This piece is looking quite good. There are somethings I see rather should be fixed. His breasts look like female breasts. Make them flat so it's more masculine. Because If I were to make the contrast higher, the breasts would turn rounder and look like female. The lower legs are too straight, make them get narrower when they go down to the knee. The arms could do more work. That's all if I may, but the sprite's overall quality is great so far. Keep up the good work man.

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 02:50:59 pm
Thank you for your comment all.
Yes, I'm afraid anatomy is one of my weak points....
Maybe I'll try to fix it.
But I'm quite busy...