AuthorTopic: cait  (Read 9163 times)

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Re: cait

Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 07:43:18 pm
You articulated the hole in the cheek, the jawline, the nose tip and the chin by far too angular and dark , making these features all seem manly rather than female. Other than that, you did draw the right details, and got alot closer to the reference than the original; yet I recommend people looking at this feedback to not only take note of the existence of subtle detail, but also to make it remain subtle.

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 01:18:48 pm
alrighty then,

cheers EvilEye i am sooo going to use that against her some day. also, you are dead right with outlining, i wasnt really too flash on doing it, but i just got lazy and did it.

batlorder. i use graphics gale. but i do love the pressure sensitivity thingo in photoshop.

and checking on the levels issues. (cheek darkened, chin darkened, nose darkened.) i also need to do something to do with the chin being misshaped or something along those lines

your choice of color, is your voice of color
BallsArt

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 06:06:08 pm
...because she wants me to do her.
:huh:

Lucky.

Anyways.  Your image is broken for me, please use something else like www.majhost.com   :y: :D
Sorry for lack of crits...  Is there a reason for the white stubble on her beard?  Looks a little odd and manly.  Some more use of the darks in the face would be awesome.  Edit to come.  You use a tablet?  Use photoshop.  Without the pressure sensitivity it's half useless IMHO.  Also, are you avoiding drawing breasts for any reason in particular?  Do you plan to just omit them?  They are slightly important, you know.  Not to sound like a perv.   :-*
Later,
Shrike

« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 07:35:39 pm by Shrike »

Offline aLastingImpression

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 08:16:49 pm
Attractive girl. Your art is coming along nicely. The only thing that stands out as awkward in form is her right arm (by that I mean her right arm :-) ). It is higher than in the reference. If you are going for a more seductive pose than the one in the photo (i.e. raising a shoulder), I would raise her left shoulder towards her face. That would be cuter. As far as it being improper use of a reference. It isn't. It is fine to recreate a reference in a different style (pixel art here) while sticking to the composition of the original. While EvilEye's "correct" use of a reference is cool, it is obviously not what you are going for, and what you are going for is perfectly legitimate (this is not an attack, just a different point of view, as I think EvilEye's point is valid and useful, though extreme). What would be cool to see in my opinion is a small-scale version of the image once you are through, maybe restricting yourself to a 40x50 (randomly chosen) sized canvas, or something like that. Just an idea.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 08:19:37 pm by aLastingImpression »

Offline Reo

• aka MechaBarbarian
    • MechaBarbarian
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/11318.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: May 13, 2009, 09:17:18 pm
You should add more contrast to the skin, it looks abit pale atm.
Also the color ramps aren't the most exciting one's!
Keep it up! :yell:

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 01:59:14 pm
hey, been working on it for acouple of days. i think her right shoulder is somewhat need to be relaxed abit more. and maybe left abit inward or wider... also. i edited saturation.. i think that was one of the problems... anyway i found it a problem. i still have one color with massively close colors i will change that.

BallsArt

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 03:52:54 pm
She still has stubble and no chest.  I care more about the stubble on her chin, though.  Progress, but why is the hair so goddamn shiny?  :yell:
I assume that's when you have the face done.  Did you not see my previous comments?  Also, her skin is darker than you're drawn it, and the shadows turn towards the blue end, not straight ramps.
(EDIT)
Minor edit, fixed shading, improved likeness, color edit though it could be better.

Keep it up,
Shrike

EDIT EDIT:
I just realized I erased her nostril with the intention of redoing it but instead forgot about it.   :huh: :P
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 05:38:56 pm by Shrike »

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #17 on: May 16, 2009, 06:27:41 am

edited color ramps. i still wanted some warmth in the colors. so darker parts are still original colors. finished the bottom of pic- to a sence there is some shape there. removed her beard. ref-ed off edit to see where ive gone wrong... still checked actual ref for actual equality. i think dropping HER right shoulder.

BallsArt

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009, 09:59:33 am
ok, ive started cleaning up and all that. honestly her right cheek i really dissagree thats the actual intensity so it has been changed but laziness makes me cbf re-uploading

>>>>
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 12:48:36 pm by balls01 »

BallsArt

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: May 18, 2009, 02:45:43 pm
I disagree..  It's your art, but I think it makes her look like a squirrel with chestnuts in her mouth or something.  (I say chestnuts only because I'd feel dirty saying 'nuts in her mouth'.   :-[ )

Make it that bright if you wish, but the outlining makes it really look ridiculous.  I'd be insulted if I was drawn like that.  Also make the eyelashes thinner.  And look how I've shaded the bottom of the eye.

Look at your ref and compare.  I could have exaggerated it more but whtv.
Sorry I'm not more encouraging, I love this piece and would like to see it done.
Shrike