AuthorTopic: Seeking some hard Cc. Sprites  (Read 4068 times)

Offline Chaos Tayoko

• Pixel Ninja!
    • View Profile
    • Tayoko's Website

Seeking some hard Cc. Sprites

on: May 07, 2009, 01:00:46 pm
I haven't posted here in a avery long time. For the past few months I've gotten back into pixel art and have improved on my own, but now I think it's time to tap into the vast knowledge the Pixelation members have. Please feel free to kill me with a ton of harsh constructive criticism, or even just criticism.. I'll just end up getting better.

Lets do this! :yell:

First up:

Original

Edit
I made this blob guy, I decided to animate him too late and didnt use an animation templete of simple colors to get the movement right, thus resulting in a goofy-looking animation... not sure how to fix it. I've been having some doubts about how excally I'm supposed to AA the edges of a prite, if anyone is aware of some sort of tutorial that explains that, a link to it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 04:33:59 pm by Chaos Tayoko »
Who's is a cheap, reliable Artist? Me!
http://tayokoart.com

Offline Chaos Tayoko

• Pixel Ninja!
    • View Profile
    • Tayoko's Website

Re: Seeking some hard Cc. Sprites

Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 02:56:36 pm
180 views and not one reply. Would any one at lest give me a -hint- as to wat is wrong?  :-\
Trying to improve.  :'(

Offline Batzy

• Huzzah....
    • View Profile
    • GameBros

Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 03:05:57 pm
Don't rush  :)

Firstly it's nice piece but it hasn't have many frames and that makes it annoying/lagging looking animation (add more frames)
Secondly are those red/orange thingies roots or what  ??? also i'm wondering has it a mouth or an eye there  :crazy:

Offline Caergrim

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 03:08:25 pm
Don't rush  :)

Firstly it's nice piece but it hasn't have many frames and that makes it annoying/lagging looking animation (add more frames)
Secondly are those red/orange thingies roots or what  ??? also i'm wondering has it a mouth or an eye there  :crazy:

It is a great piece, but it does have animation issues. The movement of the head is slow and deliberate while the movement of the tentacles is hasty and abrupt in comparison. With a few more frames, it would be perfect.  :y:

Offline Arachne

• View Profile
    • Retinal Eclipse

Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 04:13:57 pm
Looks like you're just moving parts of it around. Don't be afraid to draw each new frame from scratch, or at least polish it a lot more so that it's not just big blocks of pixels shifting back and forth. It'll make the animation look much more fluid.

Offline Chaos Tayoko

• Pixel Ninja!
    • View Profile
    • Tayoko's Website

Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 04:33:12 pm
Okay, I think i've sorted out the head part, and made a few tweaks to the colors.

Original

Edit

Going to take Arachne's advise and redraw the tentacle/limbs for each frame

Offline Eskiboy

• Coming up
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 02:58:16 pm
The animation frame work is alittle messy, Its really slow at looking left then a sudden movement right, add more frames to make it look more flowing.