AuthorTopic: C+C my first serious attempt at pixeling in a good while. Robot lizard eskimo!  (Read 3164 times)

Offline instant karma

• View Profile
Here's the first pixel art I've done in a long time.  I made it few months ago, and I was proud of it, but looking at it now there are a few things I'd like to fix, and I'd love to hear your critiques.  It's supposed to be a cyborg lizard in an eskimo thing.  Instead of a face, though, he has a gun.  I did a 16x16 and an 8x8 just to see which I preferred.  The 32x32 (blown up 16x16) is slightly different from the 16x16 because I made a few minor changes to the 16x16 after I blew it up... anyways, here it is:

And here's the pencil sketch:

Sorry it's kinda gross.  Normally I redraw when I've finalized the design but I didn't get around to it with this dude. 

What I like the least is his spikes/tail.  Someone told me it'd look better if the spikes weren't so parallel, which I agree with... I'll have to mess with it some more.  I might also make the whole coat smaller in the pixel version, to make it closer to the pencil sketch.  It'd also be cool if I could fight the tongue in there somehow.

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile
Re-save your pixel art in .gif or .png please, it'll help me so I can edit the piece. ::)

Offline instant karma

• View Profile
Re-save your pixel art in .gif or .png please, it'll help me so I can edit the piece. ::)

That's weird, I thought I did it in Gimp.  I wonder why it's a .bmp.

How's that?

I look forward to your help!

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Here's my edit, you had a lot of colors that weren't needed, there wasn't really a definitive light source either, hope I've helped.

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

That's weird, I thought I did it in Gimp.  I wonder why it's a .bmp.

How's that?

I look forward to your help!

I don't, but if you're using photobucket I believe it automatically converts to .bmp.  JUST USE majhost.com
it's perfect.
Anyways, Bengoshia's edit is good to follow.  Don't have much more to say.   ::)
Shrike