AuthorTopic: Steve's Pixel Art Thread  (Read 6831 times)

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Re: Steve's Pixel Art Thread

Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 02:17:49 am
No need to be sorry really :). I think in that way the term is a bit relative.
If you upload something with automatic AA on Pixel Joint for example, it will not be accepted.

That's because pixel joint has an annoying "pixel purity" ideal, which is ridiculous.

Anyways, I think you'd benefit greatly form general form practice. Although you're working in a cartoony style, it helps to know how things work. The car is pretty great, keep it up :)
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 12:56:25 pm
This isn't pixel joint, this is Pixelation. We've already had this discussion in the general board if you care to look. Please don't apply the standard of one place on another.

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 11:10:55 pm
No need to be sorry really :). I think in that way the term is a bit relative.
If you upload something with automatic AA on Pixel Joint for example, it will not be accepted.

That's because pixel joint has an annoying "pixel purity" ideal, which is ridiculous.

Not really.  Guess you missed the gigantic thread here a while back.  The existing rules may be a tad misleading, but they'll be updated with v.3

not much to say on the artwork here that hasn't been said already. pillowshading on the swordsman, banding on the car.  Just have to wait till it's updated.