AuthorTopic: [WIP] Portrait  (Read 7146 times)

Offline japez

• View Profile

[WIP] Portrait

on: April 28, 2009, 12:03:57 pm
This is a portrait i'm working on. Seriously, i'm out of ideas of what to do with the hair. :( Any suggestions guys?
I used Reo's 8colour club pallete and modified it slightly. (Thanks Reo ;))

Offline Batzy

• Huzzah....
    • View Profile
    • GameBros

Re: [WIP] Portrait

Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 12:26:00 pm
Do you have any refence picture or anything ? if so it would help us a lot to give any c&c  :)

EDIT: I forgot to say it's pretty nice so far :)

Offline japez

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 12:57:33 pm
Mind the ugliness. Haha.

Offline Batzy

• Huzzah....
    • View Profile
    • GameBros

Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 01:52:29 pm
The colors you have there just won't impress me  :( if you wanna make this realistic you have to use warmer colors like this:
this is just a really quickky one but it should help you a bit  :)
also you're making yourself fatter than you really are  :huh: try to change the left cheek a lil more

ARRRGGHHH....................
Sorry couldn't resist  :lol:

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 06:54:45 pm

ARRRGGHHH....................
Sorry couldn't resist  :lol:

lmfao  :lol:... srry coudnt resist either  :hehe:
God forgive him for his sins I know its was his last minute, You spread his wings so he can only fly.. He will allways be a legend in our hearts and legends never die..

R.I.P Tose Proeski ~Senad

Offline japez

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 09:48:48 pm
Thanks guys for the.. um.. mockery.

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 10:19:10 pm
I really, really don't like batlorder's pallete. It's too warm and saturated, with not enough hue shifting.  Just a bunch of really loud browns.

I'd work that red from the lips into other parts of the face, as the lips look add at the moment, being the only place that color is used and not fitting in well with the rest of the face.  Outlining them didn't help either.

Offline Accident

• Someone call the ambulance!
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 01:58:45 am
Eghhhh? Why the low self-esteem, mister? ╯;︷;╯(-random japanese smiley insertion here, hahaha.-)

"Mind the ugliness"? I see no ugliness! I SEE A VERY DISTINCT FACE THAT IS DIFFICULT TO FULLY BE RENDERED IN ITS AWESOMENESS.
-cough- Now, I'm going to let my edit speak for itself first. Moment of silence, pls.

-solemn-

Alright, now, your hair is spiky, and I tried to depict that here. I personally like the colours, and would think your portrait would look quite epic with it. I just want to ask a few things. Do you really think your face is chubby? In actuality, your face is quite slender, with lips that do not bloat, as shown in your example, but instead taper at the corners, as shown by mine. Also, your chin is much more defined, and it has (at least, from a picture) a slight dip to it.

Also, your dither was too much like speckle dither, that did not unify colours but instead just made things look noisy. In actuality, especially the one at the lips, I thought you were doing The Joker and was about to say 'oh, not another!' xD Also, please show your pretty peepers there! In your portrait, I could not see your eyes at all. Sometimes, a person's eyes are the most distinctive feature of their face.

Batlorder:

... I don't get it. ○▲○
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 10:16:57 am by Accident »

Offline japez

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 07:27:59 am
Thanks for all the help Accident.:D

I just hate that picture, i don't really have low self esteem, that picture was taken ages ago haha. I tried to implement the things you said on my new edit. Hope you guys like, i think the face is pretty much done. :)

Heres an update on progress:

Offline Accident

• Someone call the ambulance!
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 10:18:58 am
Awesomesauce! I think that looks much more like you. 8D
HOWEVER.

I think that you could define the corners of your mouth a little bit more. Then, methinks, it'll look perfect. 8333