AuthorTopic: [WIP] what if 1up was a chick  (Read 4125 times)

Offline 1up

• bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

[WIP] what if 1up was a chick

on: May 05, 2009, 02:50:15 am

been working on a game project with shawn for awhile and it eventually evolved into something called "Delicious Lolis" which has been and will probably stay as just 2 character designs

etc etc i felt like pixelling today, decided to pixel the 1up loli as a not-a-loli
edit: small update before i get off for the night
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 03:25:58 am by 1up »

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] what if 1up was a chick

Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 04:42:12 pm
Love the pose, though the arms I don't think are expressing your intention with it, which I have to assume I understand and may be wrong. If I'm right, her left hand should be hanging limp, instead of extended. She's a bit tall/vertically stretched, though she's so cartoony it doens't hurt much if at all.
Would a little more female torso curvature help convey the atttitude ? - you know how females can stand in that relaxed posture that really emphasizes the curve of their hips/midsection. Also on her stance, doesn she not appear to be leaning backwards, as if up against something/center of gravity a little odd?

Offline 1up

• bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 07:38:29 pm
tried fixing what you mentioned

small update on the shading too

edit:
i've literally been doing nothing but dicking around with this all day

i ended up getting pissed with the jacket and couldnt get help from shawn so i just got rid of that

got tired of trying to work with the original arm poses and decided to redo those as well

i am incapable of sticking to anything ever
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 01:35:48 am by 1up »

Offline BlackTerror

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 04:03:44 am
The checkerboard pattern is really confusing me. Is that placeholder?

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 08:27:33 am
The checkerboard pattern is really confusing me. Is that placeholder?
I gotta agree. I think you need to alter the checkerboard pattern to conform to the body underneath. I like the decision to lose the coat. It gave the shilouette some added punch. I really like how you did the curve of her lower legs. Last thing I wouldn't mind seeing is some of hte black outline repalced in parts with a slighlty lighter shade. It feels like there's just a bit too much black in the piece at hte moment.

Looking forward to the finished piece :)

Offline Chris2balls

• Pixel Artist
    • ckelsallpxls
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/14966.htm
    • chris2balls
    • chriskelsallpixelart
    • View Profile
    • Chris Kelsall's Pixel Portfolio

Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 10:44:35 pm
I would move in the shoulder on the left, and *maybe* make her torso a few pixels shorter (2-5).
I know the legs' stance is extremely stylised but I think the right leg is really strange (knee facing left, foot twisted towards us). The pivoting is way too far and contradicts with the foot's position.
Your male version of this character is quite short in comparison to this one. I would give this sprite a similar size and proportions (head/body ratio, however keep the torso/leg ratio of this sprite).
☑ Available for work     ☒ Unavailable for work
Check out my portfolio if you are looking for a pixel artist!