AuthorTopic: keep on pushing revision  (Read 2780 times)

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

keep on pushing revision

on: April 15, 2009, 03:09:43 am
hey its your favorite 14 yearold.

well... ive been totally stuck for ideas. so ive been going back through my gallery. seeing what i can fix up. so, i thought, why not start with my favorites. these are what crits ive got so far by the submit at pixeljoint.

-contrast between eyes and mouth.
-shadows of the man and blocks
-cracks look "after thought" on
-shadows look unreal.

ive been working on the first two. there not major points but a crit is a crit so i fixed it,

your choice of color, is your voice of color
BallsArt

Offline Squiggly_P

• View Profile

Re: keep on pushing revision

Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 05:00:55 am
The shadows you can see at the top of the image shouldn't be there...  I shouldn't be able to see those.
There should be a line of shadow on the faces of the blocks where a shadow meets it's base' midpoint.  For instance, the block at the left that has the crack that starts at teh bottom of the block...  on that face, just to the right of the crack where the shadow touches the base, there should be a shadow from that point up to the top-right corner.  The guy should have a shadow that falls across the block he is pushing as well.

Just pointing things out, tho.  Dunno if they were already mentioned or not.

Love me some pac-man.

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Re: keep on pushing revision

Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 03:07:22 am
hey guys ive been super lazy/busy enjoying life because its the holidays :crazy:

ive done very little but im still working on the crits... may i ask? when you say the cracks look overthought does that mean there should be more?

your choice of color, is your voice of color
BallsArt