AuthorTopic: MEH ANATOMY SUCKZ  (Read 4728 times)

Offline KuroRyuzaki

• View Profile

MEH ANATOMY SUCKZ

on: April 12, 2009, 12:23:11 am
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 10:40:21 pm by KuroRyuzaki »

Offline Twinspiration

• View Profile

Re: Kuro Ryuuuzakis Work Shop.

Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 12:35:26 am
You could have just edited the title for one of your previous threads (Such as this one?)

It looks like his back is missing right now.

However, I'm really sure that you'd get better critiques from something that was... you know, a bit more complete.

Offline KuroRyuzaki

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 01:50:34 am
I do plain on completeing it as for that over topic i decided i would just make a new one not point of going back now is there it would just be a waste of a topic o.o

Offline KuroRyuzaki

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 02:28:58 am

Offline KuroRyuzaki

• View Profile

Anatomy PRATICE UPDATE

Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 10:38:04 pm
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 10:40:44 pm by KuroRyuzaki »

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Re: MEH ANATOMY SUCKZ

Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 10:54:37 pm
I think you shouldn't be practicing anatomy with pixel art. Practice with pen(cil) and paper.

I don't think this medium lends itself to learn the basics. Pen(cil) and paper are fast and easy to work with. Study form while you're at it.

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 10:56:02 pm
This work is better suited to a pencil. There isn't much in the way of the pixel to critique...

You'll learn anatomy by feeling the shapes as you make them, by familiarizing yourself with the human body with SCIENCE and with practice... Not by using a line tool. There's a level of disconnection there that is too great to really benefit you. Line art like this is very 2d, and there are no two dimensional people. You would be best off using a less opaque and more dynamic media. Generally this means pencil, paint, chalk, just something more practical, fast, and fluid.

Pixel art is about paying attention to the individual pixels. Just because you used a single pencil tool or didn't use automatic AA does not mean this is pixel art. You can argue that clean lines are pixel art, and they are, the refinement of an outline very much fits the definition, but overall the intent of this work is not to produce art but to study anatomy.

You might want to take this here: http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=6528.0

Edit: asdf beaten to the punch again
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 10:58:03 pm by Atnas »

Offline Voodoofusion

• View Profile
    • Voodoofusion.com

Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 02:42:13 pm
I agree. If you're just learning anatomy, pixel art isn't the best way to start. Use pencil and paper as stated above. I can sketch and paint fairly well, and I find pixel art to be harder in that respect.

Something to think about is getting some anatomy books by artist Burne Hogarth (think I got the name right). He has some books on anatomy and posing the human body that are pretty valuable resources. Or do what I mainly did in high school and study some good comic book art :P