AuthorTopic: Thomsonsoft - I'm OK  (Read 4578 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Thomsonsoft - I'm OK

on: February 05, 2006, 03:28:11 pm
http://www.derekyu.com/  read. It's hilarious. The game's fun. Spritage by artist Derek Yu who rocks. Gustav did additional graphics. I love the internet sometimes.

Offline Darion

• View Profile
    • Portfolio bitch

Re: Thomsonsoft - I'm OK

Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 08:09:33 pm
Its not working! :(
@darionmccoy

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 09:41:19 pm
Yeah, there's been a lot of bandwidth consumption.

Quote from: Screamline
Jack's put up a responce:

Quote from: JT
   Jack Thompson's first response...
[info]whittakerchambe
2006-02-05 08:03 am (local) (link)
Fascinating, in a number of regards:

1. The creation of this "game" does not meet the terms and conditions of the Modest Proposal. Not even close; thus, no cigar.

2. Still waiting to hear from Paul Eibeler as to HIS favorite charity for the donation. Penny Arcade's nit wits can't read, obviously.

3. Fascinating, further, that Dennis McCauley, who is the freelance "columnist" who runs this site can't use his phone to call me at 305-666-#### to interview me about my take on this. Any real journalist, despite his animus, would have done just that. So much for Mr. McCauley's "journalistic ethics," which is, of course, an oxymoron in the video game enthusiast press, such as this site.

4. Finally, the attorneys for these idiots will be contacted.

More importantly, if Dennis McCauley were really a news person, he would report the murderous rampage by Jacob Robida that stretched from New Bedford, Mass., to Arkansas over the last three days. Cop-killing games have been identified by the Mayor of New Bedford.

Now, kiddies, brace yourselves for this one. Jack Thompson

The Jacob Robida he refers to is the guy that walked into a gay bar in Bedford, Mass and assaulted several patrons, seriously injuring several and was subsequenly arrested in Arkansas.

In none of the numerous news articles I've read were video games mentioned.  Interestingly, nazi, anti-gay, and other hata propaganda was found in Robida's bedroom and he has a fairly grim history (he was sent to a "junior police academy" which is basically a boot camp for disciplining 12-14 year olds).  Additionally, his MySpace page makes no mentions of video games (though there's plenty of references to violence, death, hate and so forth)

But of course, it has to be video games that caused him to go batshit fucking loco.

Edited to block a portion of the phone number.  Left the other part visible for obvious reasons.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 09:43:48 pm by Blick »

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 11:54:45 pm
i downloaded it the other day when it was on 4cr, great game, some nice spritework, good controls
and hilarious cutscenes
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 05:42:52 am
absolutely brilliant.  so funny - tons of inside jokes in there

Captain Blood

Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 11:03:06 am
It's ok.  I ain't much for jokey games like this but I did like the Mega Man 2 homage at the beginning and the intro.  The game itself got a tad annoying, especially with the controls.

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 11:09:09 pm
I'm with you Cpt. I dropped out on the 3rd floor of the corporate building. I like the sprites though; the portrait on the map screen is hilarious. Is stuff like this why it's difficult for gamers to get their opinions voiced alongside guys like Mr. Thompson?

Offline Scuba Steve

• View Profile
    • Incredible Baron

Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 05:14:24 am
I played this a little while ago, it's pretty fun.  I also recognized Derek's name right away.
Glub Glub!