AuthorTopic: Ghostopus!  (Read 6158 times)

Offline EvilEye

• Game Developer Extroaordinaire
    • View Profile

Re: Ghostopus!

Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 02:09:54 am

Improved on the eye and the teeth. The 2 right tentacles look better according to where the light source should be.

You went too strong on some of the highlights though ( probably following the overkill on my edit :yell: ). Tone down the top of the head and the tentacles. The way you had most of the highlights before was fine, except they didn't point to any particular light source. Notice how I ( tried ) to tone them down or remove them when they weren't directly in the light.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 02:11:39 am by EvilEye »

Offline Euphronios

• Ruff in the jungle
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 03:00:09 am

Some more refining. I am loving this!
Still a lot of smoothing to do for sure but how does this look?

edit: Now that my buzz is wearing down it looks more striped than wet or slimy. I'll fix this tomorrow. Right now it's time for a snooze. Bear with me, I work extra long hours! Thanks, all.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 03:50:37 am by Euphronios »
“I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.”  ~Stephen Hawking

Offline EvilEye

• Game Developer Extroaordinaire
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 03:34:42 am
Definitely looking better :y:

You should try to recapture a bit of that wet-look from the older versions.

Eh... I guess it was the thinner highlights and the lower contrast on the darker colors. You're the one who did it so you would know better then me :P
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 03:37:36 am by EvilEye »

Offline Euphronios

• Ruff in the jungle
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 02:02:37 am
A little update:

“I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.”  ~Stephen Hawking

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 03:34:23 am
Big fat improvement over initial post, nice pixelin'. Love the expression, though it seems like the eye should be a little more emotive. It seems tired compared to the sinister grin, maybe V the brow a little. What expression are you targeting? I get the impression he's sarcastically grinning at prey he just surprised. The shiny dome top head bugs me a little; doesn't seem logical/right, but the back tentacle even moreso, seems it should be different than the other tentaacles, I dunno . . . it just seems ill-placed. Maybe ditch it for multiple smaller "feeler" tentacles. Last thought, it would really complement this to give it a little foreground environment, just a bit of surface cutaway with a shadow so he can feel grounded, nothing complicated, just an implication of him being at an actual location.