AuthorTopic: WIP Viking king  (Read 7908 times)

Offline Emtch

• View Profile

Re: WIP Viking king

Reply #10 on: March 28, 2009, 05:45:02 pm
Viking swords ARE european. :)
And yes, some vikings wore Chainmail, but not big body shaped armors like the one in the picture.

You've also started detailing when you aren't done with the basics. Get the basic shapes right first and then add detail.

The beard needs to go. It's shape is weird and it defies gravity, redo it from scratch.

Anyways, good luck.

Offline bonehead11

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: March 28, 2009, 05:50:15 pm
I meant from rest of europe   :lol:

Hmm that gave me an idea.

Yeah I just got carried away...

Hmmm I dont think so, but I dont like it will do it from scratch.

Thanks.

Offline bonehead11

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 07:06:26 pm
I didnt progressed because I have much work to do dont have time etc. etc., but now finnally I got some time and made some tweaking, hope his anatomy is ok so I can start working on shading etc.

Offline bonehead11

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 05:11:26 pm
Ok so I judge that the anatomy is ok, so I will start changing corresponding those suggestions.

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Reply #14 on: April 06, 2009, 05:35:51 pm
Even if the anatomy is correct this isn't a very interesting shot. It's a straight on shot of a very mundane looking king. He doesn't look like a king, not even a viking king.
His facial expression is boring and lucky for you it conveys boredom. A lazy king really would have more weight on him. hunched over maybe?

I suggest you draw this with paper and pencil before you haphazardly jump into a pixel piece. On paper you can easily sketch 5 different thumbnails in 5 minutes, try it.

Find references if you can. images.google.com is a great place to start. There are a few good stock photo websites. Also look at some other art work involving vikings and things associated with vikings. Try to get a reference picture for everything you're going to make. 2-3 pictures for each piece should put you in the right direction.

Arthur Rackham
David Raposa (specifically that page)

If you want to see some really nice beards find el_coro's project "BUM". It's got some great art and even greater beards. Though nothing beats a real beard.

Offline bonehead11

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 07:40:56 pm
Even if the anatomy is correct this isn't a very interesting shot. It's a straight on shot of a very mundane looking king. He doesn't look like a king, not even a viking king.
His facial expression is boring and lucky for you it conveys boredom. A lazy king really would have more weight on him. hunched over maybe?

I want him to be lazy looking, it was mine whole intention though, dont worry this is just a sketch, ignore some detailed parts I just posted it too late...I am planing to redo his main parts completeley, not anatomy, like for instance change his chainmail, background, beard etc. according to those suggestions, I just dont have much time now so It will be longer.

If you want to see some really nice beards find el_coro's project "BUM". It's got some great art and even greater beards. Though nothing beats a real beard.
Thanks, Im just starting to draw so I dont know how to draw beards etc.