AuthorTopic: Dragonballz Team Work [c&c needed]  (Read 11952 times)

Offline official-neosoft

• View Profile

Dragonballz Team Work [c&c needed]

on: April 02, 2009, 03:50:20 pm
Me, and 2 other team members, are making an online Dbz game. We need some c&c on the graphics.
We'll post some graphics here, starting with a dithered house:

Thanks for ur time.

Offline ZeroXbot

• View Profile

Re: Dragonballz Team Work [c&c needed]

Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 04:17:33 pm
I think that grey shade must be darker to make some contrast, second change color of outline to some lighter. Enterance is too tall, but it's my opinion (maybe you wanted that tall). Finally that mini-roof above window (sorry for that name, but i'm not english and don't now real name) doesn't throw shade on house.

Offline Batzy

• Huzzah....
    • View Profile
    • GameBros

Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 07:22:59 pm
i'm not an expert with these but i think you should get a better iso angle or what the hect it is... but anyway the entrance looks too big maybe you could make the chars a little smaller thought  ???

i made an bad edit but an edit anyway and with the dithering you've made, it looks too flat also i'd try to remove the black outlines.

Maybe i made the entrance a little too small  :huh: but you should get the idea with shapes with my edit

Offline KuroRyuzaki

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 08:50:44 pm
Thanks by the way this is where me neo and another pixelist will post our game work and i neo is offline right now so he cant see your c&c hopefully he gets on soon

---

update just a few of our hairs c&c please
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 09:22:24 pm by Jad »

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 10:06:39 pm

Kuro, I want you to use more reference on these people, try to mimick the style as well as possible, as a DBZ freak (I'm watching all of the episodes again in HD, analyzing and all that jazz because I'm a hermit and DBZ was my childhood) I want to this stick out a bit more from the other generic DBZ rpgs. This goes for you as well, Batlorder, remember that Z is cel-shaded guys, so try to cut down on colors, also remember that black outlines are in Z.

Another thing to note, from what I've noticed with DBZ MMOs, there tends to not be enough variety with hair, so try to think outside the box a bit, use more than just Goku's, Vegeta's and Trunks' hair. Same goes for the classes, remember theres more than just Majin(which no, possessed humans aren't Majin, I'm talking Majin Buu), Saiyan, Namek and Human.

http://www.maiken2051.com/images/cropped/Goku%20Yardrat.jpg
http://digilander.libero.it/SKIZZATI/images/dragonball/vegeta%20vs.%20goku.JPG
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/5455/vegeta21cc8.jpg

Remember when you're making the hair, it isn't really shaded when its black, when its blonde there tends to be three shades (white, yellow, dark yellow), when its red it tends to be two shades (red, dark red), when its white it tends to be two shades (white, grayish sky blue).

Remember when in the Super Saiya-jin state (i.e. Super Saiyan, SS, SSJ, whatever), their moods are changed, remember on Namek Goku had to try and fight his inner demons with this new transformation, to say his good self, not just fight Frieza. Super Saiyans tend to be very primal, angry, not as much as an oozaru but thats kind of the point, its a controlled oozaru state.

Vegeta can go both ways, with either slight "brown" hair or just straight-out black, I would argue black is closer to the original since he only had his "brown" hair in the Budokai games, even in the new Dragonball Z episode, Vegeta has his slick black hair.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 10:10:32 pm by bengoshia »

Offline KuroRyuzaki

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 04:53:56 pm
Ben i tried to shade the base like you did to the head but it came out wrong...any crits

Offline bonehead11

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 07:10:00 pm
Does it have to be so small? Because with such size any decent shading would be really hard and maybe impossible to make otherwise I think its good besides the leg lenght, wich is too short compared to the rest of the body and those hands are weirdly connected to the body,but I like that head.

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 09:16:29 pm
Ben i tried to shade the base like you did to the head but it came out wrong...any crits

You could make it a bit larger, body is pretty bad, use reference of real people, sprites from games and some ref from DBZ, it'll improve alot.

Offline Zccc

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 09:35:20 pm
I advise you to use less colors as possible, to give it a cartoony or manga/anime feel. Your house, with all that dither, makes it look complicated and realistic, wich stands away from DBZ.

Offline KuroRyuzaki

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 09:53:13 pm
my other pixelist decided to make a differnt verison of the base its head is based off the gba verisons
c&c