AuthorTopic: Kuros Pixel Place Updated need more crits  (Read 11346 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: Kuros Pixel Place

Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 09:20:54 pm
could some one actually give me C&C?

Well I don't know, I see a lot of critique. Here's a strike for you, though. Mind your manners.

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 09:22:44 pm
My C&C is that you need to draw more from life my friend, it'll help you greatly. As for the sprite, make it a more dynamic pose, less colors, try to make it closer to Toriyama's style, also smooth outlines.

Offline Rawsushi

• View Profile
    • Terrormisu - The Art of B Rosaschi

Reply #12 on: March 31, 2009, 10:33:00 pm
Sorry if my goofy image seemed out of place, but what I was really trying to say with it is that your current version doesn't look like the character you're trying to base it off of.  Sorry for seeming too misleading.

Want "actual" critique? The lines in the face don't stand out enough.  I'd suggest upping the contrast of the flesh and, as bengoshia suggested, lowering the color count. Don't worry about adding texture until the pose is fully realized--- and that's if you opt to add that level of detail at all (since the cartoon certainly doesn't).

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: March 31, 2009, 11:51:25 pm
Yeh I agree, putting a more believable light source on this would definately help this piece along, at the minute im afraid to say it has a strong pillowshaded look about it in places, as if parts of the body are lit from the center outwards, try maybe shading this as if the lights hitting from somewhere above. For consistancy of form its definately a good idea to flip parts of the body for a guide of sorts so that like an arm isn't noticably larger or smaller in comparisant to the other but think of giving each arm unique attention and definately shade them appropriately, plus variation with their positioning could make it look more natural.

I think you could get some stance inspiration from actual apes, I know they're they saiyens transformed but in this form they are technically just huge enraged apes. There's more you could do with the posture to express this, they're like bulls seeing red. Mind you im not sure what this is going to be used for. This might be of some inspiration, Kong (first thing i thought of probably not a great example), im not saying do it like this but im sure it's better to have some ape references to push you in the right direction to give it more interest there's bound to be some great images out there to help, even from the cartoon getting the style down n all.
http://www.adriandale.co.uk/wp-images/KingKong.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nO-vNLOSxk
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 06:17:08 pm by Terley »
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline Zuonius

• Huzzah!
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: April 01, 2009, 01:35:30 am
Well here's some C+C, now that you made me feel bad for not CCing you in my last post. :'(

Just kidding.

You're sprite has way too many abdominal muscles. In fact, he has a twelve-pack. Like I've been told before (and this is good advice) you should use some reference pictures. Google images never lets me down.

Here's an edit with the reference pic I used:

You should definitely go back and do the sprite in just flat colors first before you try to make him look furry. Also, make his legs longer.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 01:37:28 am by Zuonius »

Offline hsn2555

• Hakuna Matata
    • View Profile
    • HsnGoneWild Gallery

Reply #15 on: April 01, 2009, 02:26:30 am
make it more cartoonish by using fewer colors ..
also match his shoulders to his head, and smooth the outlines
Be Like no other

Offline KuroRyuzaki

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 11:34:42 pm
Update any better? im kinda stuck dont know how to draw the hands and feetz

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: April 03, 2009, 12:18:52 am
Well here's some C+C, now that you made me feel bad for not CCing you in my last post. :'(

Just kidding.

You're sprite has way too many abdominal muscles. In fact, he has a twelve-pack. Like I've been told before (and this is good advice) you should use some reference pictures. Google images never lets me down.

Here's an edit with the reference pic I used:

You should definitely go back and do the sprite in just flat colors first before you try to make him look furry. Also, make his legs longer.  ;D
Just to note: Oozarus don't have abs, they have guts, use more reference Kuro, also remember to throw him into perspective.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 12:51:22 am by bengoshia »

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Re: Kuros Pixel Place Updated need more crits

Reply #18 on: April 03, 2009, 12:52:08 am
kuro you're still pillowshading, could you tell us where you're lightsouce is? Plus you're now banding alot too  ???.

http://www.natomic.com/hosted/marks/mpat/shading.html
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline KuroRyuzaki

• View Profile

Re: Kuros Pixel Place Updated need more crits

Reply #19 on: April 03, 2009, 04:53:03 pm
Its coming from above.