AuthorTopic: My Habbo graphics dump  (Read 7595 times)

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

My Habbo graphics dump

on: March 28, 2009, 03:42:34 pm
I've been working at Sulake for four months now doing Habbo graphs so here's some of what I've done. Unfortunately I can't post any WIPs because I can't show anything before it's done and tested and integrated and so forth, so I can't do any changes anymore but I'd be glad to receive feedback anyway. I know the Habbo style irks many pixel artists but I can assure you that trying to maintain the elements that make it look Habbo is a constant matter of discussion at Sulake as well. Me and a few other graphic guys spent once two hours in pub just discussing the pros and cons of black outlines.

So.. the Bollywood set, my first furnis. The palm tree was fun to do although I think it would have benefited from being a bit darker and more contrasty.

The furnis in use:

Then, the Lost City set. The bubbles inside the tube thing animate, and so do the fish in the glass floor thing. The tubes were fun to do, make it so that you can build Pipe Dreams -like constructions using the water tubes. The wall graphics have an obvious Cadaver influence.

Aaand.. what they look like in Habbo:

« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 08:17:55 pm by JJ Naas »

Offline SirBilly

• MS Painter
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/14358.htm
    • View Profile

Re: My Habbo graphics dump

Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 04:12:22 pm
Wow, you're the one that actually made these! At an official forum for the swedish habbo we were discussing the new a better looking and high quality of the furnitures (Aspecially the underwater/sea furnitures).

Great job, I think I will recognize your furnitures in the future on Habbo.

Offline Zenobia

• View Profile
    • Zententia.net

Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 06:47:15 pm
I never did like Habbo, but seeing this I changed my mind a little bit. Especially those Lost City floor tiles are awesome.

Anyway err, since you posted this, you are looking for some sort of comments or critique right, or?
I think the pink pillows (first image) look too obviously dithered; pillows are the only time you are allowed to pillow shade, so why stray away from that now haha.

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 08:16:59 pm
SirBilly: Thanks for the kind words. :) It's fun and demanding to do stuff that'll be talked about by such wide audiences.

Zenobia: You're right.. the pillows look very dithered.. which shouldn't be so considering the palette consists of 20 colours. I can't do any changes to these, but I appreciate any feedback.

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 03:11:20 pm
honestly, the main designs suck compaired to your pieces. your pieces look beautiful, they should redo the character. if theyre going to put such detailed pieces in there, thats my point of view

your choice of color, is your voice of color
BallsArt

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 07:15:24 am
honestly, the main designs suck compaired to your pieces. your pieces look beautiful, they should redo the character. if theyre going to put such detailed pieces in there, thats my point of view

Thanks. :) They're improving and changing the style slightly all the time. Of course it needs to be gradual, the recognizability value must be taken into calculations as well esp. since Habbo is already so established that everyone knows immediately what someone means if they say something looks like "Habbo style".