AuthorTopic: Character Art  (Read 10291 times)

Offline official-neosoft

• View Profile

Re: Character Art

Reply #20 on: March 28, 2009, 11:13:28 am
Hehe yes I don't know how to say it in English... I'm Dutch  :P
But I'll go on working at my big piece now

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Reply #21 on: March 28, 2009, 07:17:03 pm
Made an edit:

Made it smaller so I could edit a reasonable amount of things in those 5 minutes.
He got a haircut, personal preference. I think the anime inspired hair gets silly.
Gave his face some volume along with a nose and mouth.  Not aiming for super-realism but I think you should see a different style that wasn't photo realistic
Changed his pose a little, got rid of the two swords to give him a giant one. No idea why I did that. You should probably have one of the swords sheathed unless he's ready for a fight.

Manliness is often determined by the number of swords you carry.
Size matters too!

Offline official-neosoft

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: March 29, 2009, 10:42:41 am
Good, personally I dislike the haircut. Also what you did to the hand where his other sword was, it looks flaming gay :P :lol:
The expression on his face is funny :P
I personally don't like those GIANT SWORDS... XD
But I'll see what I can do to the face.

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Reply #23 on: March 29, 2009, 07:55:23 pm
Please don't take that crit as an insult. There were and still are problems with your sprite. It's a pretty unmanageable size and that's hindering your progress. Several people have pointed this out before and I think you should really consider do it.
Another thing that might help with this whole process is knowing a little bit about this character. What kind of time/world is he from? why does he have two identical swords? Is he human? What's his role in the hypothetical story?
Questions like these give a little life to your character.

As for my edit looking flaming gay ... I don't see it. In my mind he was a fencer. A fencer in a world where people can wield giant weapons with ease. He's a bit pompous and simply "I'm better than you".

If this piece doesn't need to be big then don't make it big.

Offline official-neosoft

• View Profile

Reply #24 on: March 30, 2009, 05:50:59 am
It's not only for practice, also for fun.. I've practiced before on smaller models..
And I'm not in the mood to size this down...

I think he's leaning more now..

I'll go back to that point then and scale it. I don't really see the problem but you guys are better than me, so I think I should listen XD