AuthorTopic: Sometimes... Ideas dont mix.  (Read 2868 times)

Offline Gizmonicgamer

• View Profile

Sometimes... Ideas dont mix.

on: March 26, 2009, 05:55:21 am

This was basically a sprite that started out as one thing and then while creating it ended up becoming something completely different. This was originally intended to be pirate, however when I began to draw the blue shirt it sort of took a life of its own and instead of halting my creative flow I simply ran with it and have the final producted presented before you, some kind of... Pirate robot thing. It wasn't to be anything serious or necessary, so it was no big deal when it changed direction.

15 colors + transparency. C+C?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 06:24:11 am by Gizmonicgamer »

Offline thedaemon

• thedaemon
    • View Profile
    • personal website

Re: Sometimes... Ideas dont mix.

Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 06:20:47 pm
The right side of the character gets lost. I'm not sure what is going on. I don't know where his face ends and his arm begins on that side.
gemini://thedaemons.space
https://thedaemons.space

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 06:36:33 pm
There's nothing wrong with having no direction and messing around creating randomness but this is bound to happen when there's no concept driving your decisions.
I recommend you try to solidify a concept beforehand next time, with some quick exploratory sketches on good ol' paper with a good ol' pencil. Know what you're doing before you do.

Crit on yer sprite though - I can say that I love the active pose you gave him, and yes it's rather odd, looks like Samus's boyfriend maybe playing volleyball at the beach, not wanting to get sand in his boots of course.

Offline Gizmonicgamer

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 07:37:12 am
There's nothing wrong with having no direction and messing around creating randomness but this is bound to happen when there's no concept driving your decisions.
I recommend you try to solidify a concept beforehand next time, with some quick exploratory sketches on good ol' paper with a good ol' pencil. Know what you're doing before you do.
Well of course, I always plan out what I'm doing if its something important, like for a project or to use as an avatar or something, but in an instance like this where I'm literally just spriting to sprite/ for fun, there really isn't that 'need' for creative control; I just kind of let the ideas flow and evolve.

Crit on yer sprite though - I can say that I love the active pose you gave him, and yes it's rather odd, looks like Samus's boyfriend maybe playing volleyball at the beach, not wanting to get sand in his boots of course.
Thanks :) The pose was kind of a pain to get right and was really the only true guiding factor in the sprites construction.