AuthorTopic: Some "Old" artwork for you ;-)  (Read 8267 times)

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Re: Some "Old" artwork for you ;-)

Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 07:55:15 pm
Hi all,

Sorry for the late reply but been very busy as Im doing some work for a retro-game from the Amiga days called Darkmere. Im (hoping!) to be working with the original artist on it, and we are going to be sticking to the original Darkmere 2 storyline.....not like Dragonstone was.  But I will post some screens and WIPs on this board as it progresses. ;D

Please do! Darkmere had such an awesome atmosphere! Too bad it came out so late, when Amiga was already dying out.

Offline Iceman

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: March 29, 2009, 07:58:23 pm
Dont worry JJ Naas, I will post screens and also see if I can post a working demo of it. That should not be a problem, and this game will be the TRUE Darkmere 2 and not what Dragonstone turned out to be.  Its been a long time coming imho, but if we can pull it off we will m8 ;-)

Offline willfaulds

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 09:42:34 pm
Iceman I'm really keen to find out more about the Darkmere 2 project.

Mark Jones' work in Darkmere is something I've always loved.

Do you know what platform etc. you'll be building for?

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 08:38:34 pm
Hi all,

Sorry for the late reply but been very busy as Im doing some work for a retro-game from the Amiga days called Darkmere. Im (hoping!) to be working with the original artist on it, and we are going to be sticking to the original Darkmere 2 storyline.....not like Dragonstone was.  But I will post some screens and WIPs on this board as it progresses. ;D

Neat. Mark Jones actually posted on the Pixel Academy(a sister pixel forum that is no longer active) a couple years back. I always wondered what happened to him. I figured he probably got lost because there were a bunch of pixel boards starting up and shutting down at the time.

In progress screen dumps would be awesome.

Offline Iceman

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: April 12, 2009, 09:31:18 pm
crab2selout :Neat. Mark Jones actually posted on the Pixel Academy(a sister pixel forum that is no longer active) a couple years back. I always wondered what happened to him. I figured he probably got lost because there were a bunch of pixel boards starting up and shutting down at the time.
In progress screen dumps would be awesome.

Your probably right on that, tho I know Mark has been working on several projects of late which kind of keeps him busy. I will be posting Screen shots and also mock-ups as the game goes on, but I wont be posting in this thread of cause.  I will make a new thread just as soon as I find out where to put it! lol

willfaulds :Iceman I'm really keen to find out more about the Darkmere 2 project.
Mark Jones' work in Darkmere is something I've always loved.
Do you know what platform etc. you'll be building for?

Well I can tell you lots more, but as I posted above, its gonna be in a new thread.  As for what platform, well PC is first, but I am also in touch with ppl who want to convert the code to work on the old (and new?!?!) Amiga.  IF (and thats a BIG IF) things go as planned, then it may be sold commercially just like the remakes of  King's Quest have been. I am in talks with 3 game firms and I will be able to tell you more on any other commercial platforms as and when I find out.