AuthorTopic: [WIP] Vampire (critique needed)  (Read 6150 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: Vampire (critique needed)

Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 02:10:12 pm
Your attitude is becoming stranger by the day, Mathias...

Offline Paxjah

• View Profile
    • Paxjah Portfolio

Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 02:26:53 pm
okies..i edited the animation. I added a bit more to the fangs and scrunched up his face when he bares them and smoothed the cape over a little bit (Thankyou soo sooo much Gil for making the cape flow <3) :)

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 02:45:57 pm
Haha, yes! That's it. That's really good. Now, I don't know if it's the browser (IE 7) or what, but the timing feels off. For example, IE and FF will animate GIF's at different speeds. Seems his face should go from nice to evil and stay evil longer, hey you might even repeat a simple looping 2-frame grimacing (like when a dog's or wolf's snout is all curled up and it's bearing its canines, you know how they're mouth will kinda quiver?) to convey an even more poingient emotion. Then I'd make his face return to normal twice as fast as it changed to evil. Right now it's an obvious reverse.
My point in advising you to increase the impact of his unexpected face-change was to reap the full propsect of the effect. At this point, it's great, but could be less passive even still. What if his eyes looked straight at us when he did it? That would make more sense to me - like he caught us in something. My ultimate concept for this would involve for him to totally change position and spread his cape like meta knight in full dracula-style horror, but that's taking this up a few notches and I bet you're ready to move on.

Did you try re-pixeling the cape anim for yourself? The fellas here will frown on just using someone's edit - they're typically meant as examples, not a contribution. Because now, Gil can take partial credit for mini Vlad here. Do you see what I mean?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 03:25:32 pm by Mathias »

Offline Paxjah

• View Profile
    • Paxjah Portfolio

Reply #13 on: March 13, 2009, 02:56:34 pm
Haha, yes! That's it. That's really good. Now, I don't know if it's the browser (IE 7) or what, but the timing feels off. For example, IE and FF will animate GIF's at different speeds. Seems his face should go from nice to evil and stay evil longer, hey you might even repeat a simple looping 2-frame grimacing (like when a dog's or wolf's snout is all curled up and it's bearing its canines, you know how they're mouth will kinda quiver?) to convey an even more poingient emotion. Then I'd make his face return to normal twice as fast as it changed to evil. Right now it's an obvious reverse.
My point in advising you to increase the impact of his unexpected face-change was to reap the full propsect of the effect. At this point, it's great, but could be less passive even still. What if his eyes looked straight at us when he did it? That would make more sense to me - like he caught us in something. My ultimate concept for this would involve for him to totally change position and spread his cape like meta knight in full dracula-style horror, but that taking this up a few notches and I bet you're ready to move on.

Did you try re-pixeling the cape anim for yourself? The fellas here will frown on just using someone's edit - they're typically meant as examples, not a contribution. Because now, Gil can take partial credit for mini Vlad here. Do you see what I mean?

I love the suggestions. No this isn't done, it's definately still a WIP. I only smoothed over Gil's cape edit for now, it isn't finished and I neither am or will take credit for his edit either, it's purely his  :) I will make another edit, i wanted mini Dracula to grab his cape, pull it in front of him and then throw it behind him when he bares his fangs. Having the eyes face us would be brilliant, maybe glowing red as they did so, would be cool. It's not the browser making the animation seem too fast, it is very quick, i will make his mouth stay open longer in my next edit. I also want to have the silver strands of hair move in the wind.

Yes, all in all this is nowhere near complete. Thankyou all for you suggestions, edits and critique so far, I'll post up the new edit next  :)