AuthorTopic: employee of the month  (Read 6663 times)

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Re: employee of the month

Reply #10 on: March 20, 2009, 07:27:17 pm
Great update! Good fixes on the AA. Good reduction of overdither. I still think you could push your values a bit further though. That's most likely monitor differences, though. More saturated shadows would help, namely pushing the hand shadow towards a more vibrant orange. But overall a giant step in the right direction. It's just that the picture's main elements seem to underwhelm the viewer given their lack of contrast. Keep it up! c:

Offline Peach

• Compile Me!
    • View Profile
    • The Peach Portfolio.

Re: employee of the month

Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 12:45:14 pm
Great update! Good fixes on the AA. Good reduction of overdither. I still think you could push your values a bit further though. That's most likely monitor differences, though. More saturated shadows would help, namely pushing the hand shadow towards a more vibrant orange. But overall a giant step in the right direction. It's just that the picture's main elements seem to underwhelm the viewer given their lack of contrast. Keep it up! c:

again, thanks Atnas
I tried to work a little better on contrasts and color tones, this is what I think is the best I can achieve: it's a little warmer and the main character is more saturated so that it can be read easily.
Right now I think I've spent way too much time on this piece and if there's nothing else that needs to be corrected I'll upload it to pj.

thanks to all who visited this thread and commented :)

here you can find the completed work on pj:
http://pixeljoint.com/pixelart/41212.htm
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 03:44:07 pm by Peach »
"It's all fun and games, until someone loses an eye". - mom